The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Self pity

I'm feeling very sorry for myself today. With no good reason, so I can't even expect sympathy from those around me:-(

I've pulled a muscle in my back, which is annoying, but hardly the end of the world. The kids have been extraordinarily boisterous today, but then they're usually pretty loud & energetic.

I've got my quarterly meeting with my line manager & co-workers tomorrow, which probably isn't putting me in a great frame of mind, but I manage to get through them every couple of months.

The house is a mess, and I spent a lot of effort tidying everything up last week. I even tidied the back room this morning, but you wouldn't know it from the state of it now. But lets be honest, my house is usually a mess.

I'm just pissed off really. Ho hum.

In other news, Mstr A had his hearing test yesterday. Surprise surprise, it came back as A OK, although I saw a poster for the National Assoc of Gifted Children while I was there which fit Mstr A's behaviour perfectly, which in it's own way is just as depressing. There's no branch anywhere near us either. I was watching him play today and he is such a typical three year old. Unfortunately he is the size of a typical five year old, and very, very physical & completely unable to comprehend the idea of personal space, or treating different ages differently (he expects LMD to react & play in the same rough & tumble way as me or Aggie), which makes him even harder to control.

I'm off to a PTA meeting at the school tonight. I'm sure nothing will really change, but at least I know what is going on in the school (a bit) by attending.

I had a lovely wekend, finding time to read the Black Magician Trilogy by Trudi Canavan. It was a good read, pretty obvious plot-lines, but well written, easy to read, and enough questions to keep me interested. It seems ages since I've had the time, energy & inclination to read properly, and I felt really rejuvenated by it. Hopefully it's the start of trend, now LMD is nearly weaned.

She's down to one feed a day now. It was hard work, but we got there. I dropped a feed a week since Xmas, but she still refuses to drink any milk out of a cup. I've tried cold, warm, cup, bottle, mug, cows milk, formula & expressed breast mil & she turns her nose up at everything. If I insist, she throws a hissy fit & chucks the drink on the floor. She certainly knows what she wants! Shame she doesn't want what she should have. I guess it's lots of yoghurts, cheese & instnat whip for her.

Oh well, time to throw them in the bath now. Hopefully I'll feel more positive tomorrow.

Oh, well, maybe the day after, thinking abaout tomorrow's meeting.

5 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, January 24, 2006 7:49:00 pm, Blogger Kyahgirl said…

    chin up Mrs. A. You're doing a good job. Raising little ones and running household as well as working is very challenging. Try to go easy on yourself.

    best wishes from across the pond!

     
  • At Tuesday, January 24, 2006 10:25:00 pm, Blogger ninjapoodles said…

    Ahh, you're overwhelmed, poor dear. I hope you get some breathing room soon, and everything looks up and goes well and sets right! Hey--some good news--I was shooting for 100 unique click-throughs for you as my blog tenant for the week, and as of right now you have 105, with a whole day left to go! Whoo-hooo!!

     
  • At Wednesday, January 25, 2006 12:23:00 am, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said…

    It sounds like right now life is pretty overwhelming and my lordy...I don't know how you do it, dear Mrs. A. Raising the kids; holding down a job; being a wife and homemaker...I'm exhausted just thinking about it!
    I hope you will get a break of sorts in there somehow...it sounds like you could use one.

     
  • At Wednesday, January 25, 2006 12:26:00 am, Blogger mig bardsley said…

    Join the house mess club :)
    It is hard getting through those days especially if bits of you hurt! Perhaps when you've got the meetng behind you it'll feel a bit better. And all those little irritations can really get you down. Anyway, have some sympathy from those further away :)

    (I read the Canavan trilogy a few weeks ago too and I enjoyed it.)

     
  • At Wednesday, January 25, 2006 3:51:00 pm, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

    I tried chocolate (and banana) milk too. No luck! but I'm sure she'll get used to it eventually, it's this inbetween bit that's difficult:-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home