The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Better

Another work day today, but a better one:-)

I was off at the inaugaral meeting for one of the new County Sports Partnerships (I've mentioned these before somewhere I'm sure). This is a bit of a complicated situation as the region has 6 major counties (Gloucestershire, Wiltshire, Dorset, Devon, Cornwall, Somerset), which each have a CSP. There are also a number of other local authority area's that are not Counties - Bath & NE Somerset (a bit of which falls into Somerset, and a bit of which doesn't!), North Somerset, Sth Gloucestershire & Bristol. These used to be the hated county of Avon, but are now mostly unitary autorities. It took a while for the powers that be to realise that the CSP's had left a geographical gap, so they invented a new CSP to cover the 4 area's, called West of England CSP!

Poor old WESP is now months behind it's sibling CSP's in getting plans written, procedures in place & priorities assigned, but still has to hit the same deadlines as the other CSP's, so they have been rushing through the consultation process. Today was a big forum for all intersted partners to get together & say what we want the CSP to do. I've been through the same process already with Devon, and a little bit with Somerset & Cornwall (They weren't as good at the consultation bit).

It was a lot of discussion & debate, but I always find these things relly interesting. Both from meeting the other people involved in sport, networking, and seeing other points of view, and in having a dirtect influence over future policy. That's the bit I really like I guess. I feel that I can make a real difference to a lot of people, and that is what makes the job worthwhile.

Anyway, it was a good day. Lots accomplished, I met old & new colleagues, felt optimistic about the future for a while, and got a free lunch:-)

I got home just in time to put all the kids to bed & eat the fantastic meal Aggie had cooked. Now an evening of Blogging & Stargate beckons.

On another note, I'd like to say an enormous thank-you to Nanny A, who looked after the kids today until Aggie got home. If it wasn't for her, there is NO WAY I'd be able to work at all, my house would be even more of a mess, and the kids would mostly be naked:-)

Thanks Nanny A!

3 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, January 17, 2006 9:47:00 pm, Blogger JR said…

    It's sounds a bit like my monthly meetings with the county commissioners and Planning & Zoning here, though I've never gotten a free meal. :-( I must be doing something wrong. So glad your day was better.

     
  • At Wednesday, January 18, 2006 11:44:00 am, Blogger mig bardsley said…

    Goodness, it sounds as though you are tremendously organised! And as though you earned your free lunch!

     
  • At Wednesday, January 18, 2006 5:26:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I had a smashing day with LMB&LMD. catching up with all the new things they are both doing. Lots of cuddles singsongs and giggles.It was a treat as a mum of 3boys to go shopping and buy girlie tops which LMB was allowed to choose for her and her sister. Look forward to many more such trips. What a super boy Mstr A is-he instructed me on the finer points of how you make realy frothy milk shakes and was very proud of his 2min. numbers test-he scored 14 out of 15 well done. I enjoyed my day of looking after the all.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home