The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Crazie Party on The Island

We've had a crazie afternoon & evening over here in casa Aginoth today. Meaning CrazieQueen, RCA, Cyberkitten, & sleepy Pete all wandered our way for an afternoon of blogging, chatting & DVD watching.

CQ made great progress with LMD, who didn't cry as soon as she entered the house, waiting a good 5 minutes before whinging a bit. She gradually go braver as the evening progressed, assisted by CQ offering food:-) By 8pm they were giggling & playing together - even when I left the room! Hurrah.

We watched Scooby Doo with the kids, then I made supper of Pasta bolognase for most of us & veggie stuff for the veggies (CQ & CK). It was my first attempt at a veggie bolognase, but they said it was OK, and ate it all, so it couldn't have been terrible.

We have four internet caperble computers in our house, and at one point all 4 were in use by bloggers - how sad is that? Although to be honest at least one computer was being blogged on at all times, which is even sadder.

Once the kids were in bed, we put The Island on. Well it started with some glaring plot holes & stupidity, then got worse. By the end it was really annoying me by having so many continuity errors, plot-holes, & major misconceptions about theoretical possibilities. Still, it was jolly good fun to watch & shout at once. I have no wish to see it ever again though:-)

All in all it was a lovely evening. Good friends, good food, good conversation & good fun. We don't get to do it nearly as much as we should, being busy people, but it's nice when we do.

9 Comments:

  • At Saturday, January 14, 2006 11:53:00 pm, Blogger mig bardsley said…

    4!!!
    Huh, I get to share my one with dinosaur husband (could you type out an email for me and bid in this stamp auction) and all the kids when they're at home.
    That's sad!

     
  • At Sunday, January 15, 2006 10:17:00 am, Blogger craziequeen said…

    We had a lovely time - thank you, my sweet Mrs A for opening your doors to the Mad People again :-)

    ..and I secretly knew I would break LMD - but I enjoyed the opportunity for dramatics! :-)

    cq

     
  • At Sunday, January 15, 2006 10:18:00 am, Blogger craziequeen said…

    and it's time to fess up - I was the guilty blogger - most of the time :-)

    cq

     
  • At Sunday, January 15, 2006 11:20:00 am, Blogger Sleepypete said…

    [chuckle] I was blogging (including a new entry mid party) and forum surfing :-)

     
  • At Sunday, January 15, 2006 8:45:00 pm, Blogger craziequeen said…

    you bad boy....... :-)

    I saw you had commandeered Mrs A's laptop.....while I was blogging on Aginoth's!

    [rotflmao]

    cq

     
  • At Monday, January 16, 2006 1:29:00 am, Blogger Sleepypete said…

    [chuckle] Yeah - there's politics around on the World of Warcraft server I play on - and it's always a good idea to keep ahead of those. Good thing too yesterday as we had some clever swine spotting something we hadn't done. Shame that fella isn't as clever at playing his character.

     
  • At Monday, January 16, 2006 4:36:00 pm, Blogger JR said…

    Wow, sounds like a great time. I'd love to do something like that here, but alas, I haven't found any bloggers near me, they're either across the Bay or across the ocean.

     
  • At Monday, January 16, 2006 6:05:00 pm, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

    Ah well, we made the friends first, then turned them into bloggers:-)

    i "met" lots of wonderful people online, but haven't met any of them in reality unless I knew them first.

    So far:-)

     
  • At Monday, January 16, 2006 10:28:00 pm, Blogger Sleepypete said…

    There's a few really good people on World of Warcraft who count as people I've met online. There's (character names!) Fubb, Zaphyr, Recharge, Towwy, Tula the Dancing Girl, Makai and a couple more. There's also Souleater but I met him through work. I've met one of the others through work too. Gonna have to drag some of them to the bar that's at work sometime.

    Trouble is, there's also the objectionable people out there as well. The good ones help to balance that out though.

    Good times are better to remember than bad times :-) And someone I know has got me into the habit of writing down the good times ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home