The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Brrrrr!

I trundled off to work bright & early this morning, braving the cold weather at an unreasonable hour. I was teaching another short 1st Aid course, for a local authority youth service this time. I've done a few courses for them, they're regular customers, usually booking one or two courses a year. They like to move the courses around the different youth centres, so that it's always very local to someone, and today it was in one I'd never been to before.

I arrived nice and early, and was pleased to be met by the security guard ready & waiting with keys, but the centre was basically one large, pre-fab hall with a concrete floor & was absolutly freezing! I found a heater & turned it on, but to be honest, it didn't make any discernable difference. add in the fact that there was no carpet or matting, and most of the floor space was taken up by big heavy snooker tables, and you'll get the idea that it wasn't the ideal venue.

To top it all, I had brought tea, coffee, milk, sugar and cups with me, but after a thorough search failed to turn up a kettle, we couldn't even warm up that way.

The course went well, and I had good feedback, but it was a bit miserable for everyone:-(

I think I'll ask for the nice new-build youth centre just down the road from Nanny A's next time!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home