The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Thursday, August 11, 2005

A-Z of me

Age - 32
Booze - vodka, baileys, alcopops for taste. Wine will get me drunk very quickly though!
Career - Well, back when I had what I thought of as a career it was leisure centre manager/local authority head of department. Then I had kids, so now I have jobs: Sports development officer & trainer in my own company. Future plans are pretty fluid at the moment, but will probably follow a completely different route!
Dad's name - Michael
Essential Item to Bring to a Party - Well back when I went to parties it was questionable substances & sexy underwear, but now it tends to be food & family. How sad is that?
Favorite Song(s)/Music - I'm one of those rare people who never did get into music (being tone deaf may be partly responsible), and I tend to listen to whatever the people I'm with like. I guess I like a memorable beat, so lite punk, rock, blues and ska are good, but I can't really name any tunes.
Goof Off Thing To Do - read, go to the theatre & cinema, read, argue (oops, I mean debate), read, watch people going by, read.
Hometown - I grew up in Chingford, East London (best known for producing David Beckham) but was born in Harlow, Essex (best known for nothing!).
Instrument You Play: My mother tried hard and while I was at school I failed to learn how to play the recorder, piano and cello.
Jam or Jelly You Like: Strawberry jam on scones, rasberry jam on toast. Jam should have bits in!
Kids - 3: boy (5), girl (2 nearly), girl (6 months). That's it. Definitely. I mean it. No more kids ever again.
Living Arrangement - Married 6 years
Mom's Name - June
Name of Best Friend - Not sure I can pick out a best friend at the moment.
Overnight Hospital Stays - A couple of interesting operations on my nose aged 12 & 14. Caesarian section in 2000, and one night after baby no.3
Phobias - I'm not phobic about anything, but I don't like fluttery things (butterflies etc), and not keen an sheer drops.
Quote You Like - "nothing is so simple that it can not be misunderstood" Jr Teague
Relationship That Lasted the Longest - My current husband - 13 years (ohmigod has it been that long? let me just grab my suitcase......) previous longest relationship: 3 months!
Siblings - six! 3 brothers, three sisters
True love, ever had? - I don't believe in it
Unique Trait - Emotional laziness (this is a good trait - it means I forgive all sorts of things, cos I can't be bothered to carry the hurt through a nights sleep)
Vegetable You Love - Carrots
Worst Trait - impatience
X-rays you've had - lots on my nose, a few on my ankles, one on my foot, one dental.
Yummy Food You Make - I bake nice cakes, I do honey roast veg for Xmas, but mostly I make good wholesome family meals (& did so long before I had my family) - Lasagne, Cottage Pie, Spaghetti Bolognase, hmm I think I see a mince thing here.
Zodiac Sign - Scorpio, I think, but it might be sagitarius, nobody bothered to look at the clock when I was born somewhere near midnight. I was a month early & I expect they were more interested in keeping me alive. I don't believe in it so it never really mattered. I'm definitely a rat though.

8 Comments:

  • At Monday, August 22, 2005 8:22:00 pm, Blogger craziequeen said…

    Interested in your zodiac thing..I am also a Scorpio, but my due date was in Libra (I was two weeks late) - so that explains my confused nature [wink]

    Chinese is easier - I am a Dragon through and through. I like to 'wear purple, march to the beat of my own drum and walk barefoot in public fountains'. How cool is that!

    My shaman sign is Snake - I see a theme here........

     
  • At Monday, August 22, 2005 8:31:00 pm, Blogger Aginoth said…

    I could say I'm a dog but then I'm sure one of you would find something to say about that so I won't.....bugger too late ;o)

     
  • At Monday, August 22, 2005 8:34:00 pm, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

    Hmm, thats alright for you. A night-time rat is sly, clever(thats ok), cunning, heartless & vicious!

    Don't know about any shaman thing - isn't that the first thing your parents see/say after you're born? In which case I'm a scrawny chicken, as that's what my mother said I looked like when she first saw me the next morning.

     
  • At Monday, August 22, 2005 8:36:00 pm, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

    Dog: loyal stupid, not good at taking orders. Good at sticking his nose in where it might get hurt:-)

     
  • At Monday, August 22, 2005 8:40:00 pm, Blogger craziequeen said…

    well, that should stop any more children 'cunning, heartless & vicious':-)

    [tries to remember where where shaman book is]

    The first thing seen is part of your totem (and it's very difficult to find the rest of your totem!), they also have animals in their calendars.

     
  • At Monday, August 22, 2005 8:47:00 pm, Blogger craziequeen said…

    ok, found it. 'The Native American Zodiac' for people not connected on a spiritual level with the animal totem in the standard zodiacal depictions.

    Mrs A - Also a snake (Oct 23 to Nov 21)
    Aggie - deer (May 21 to Jun 21)

    Based on the Medicine Wheel cosmology.

     
  • At Tuesday, November 11, 2008 12:36:00 pm, Blogger kerry jean lister said…

    Hi Mrs A


    I do apologise for clogging up your comment box with this but would it be possible for you to drop me an email at your convenience?

    I'm working on something at the moment that I think may be of interest to you both as a parent and a blogger.

    Cheers!

    Kerry

    Kerry@digital-outlook.com

     
  • At Saturday, July 11, 2009 10:24:00 pm, Anonymous John Thatcher said…

    Hi there!
    I read one of your comments on another blog where you said:
    "I live almost opposite the historical home of Albert Victor Alexander, 1st Earl Alexander of Hillsborough although other than a little blue plaque nobody knows and I'm pretty certain nobody cares:-("

    Well, as it happens, I care! I recently found out that I am a relative of A. V. Alexander (From his mother's side) and I recently had my photo taken outside the house with the blue plaque.... although, I have to say, the address is different to the one I have on his birth certificate. Maybe they changed the house numbers? who knows!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home