The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Back to work

I can't put it off any longer, I actually had to do some work today:-(

Actually, it was ok. A nice trip down to Exeter (again), to go through the final bits of ClubMark with the big club there. Despite promising he would have everything sorted by the end of December, then cancelling the Dec meeting for this one to ensure he got everything done, it was still not complete. However, he had done all the hard work. everything was written, and mostly ready to go, just waiting on some certificates (I know he's got them, my head office knows he's got them - they issued them, but he still has to put a copy in his folder. WHY? Who knows!), and some forms to be completed/dated/signed.

I am confident he will have the whole thing done & dusted & ready for collection when I see him next on the 25th. Now I just need to kick a few other clubs into line, as I'm well behind on my clubmark targets. It is a lot of work for most clubs, and I kind off got carried away with sorting out school/club partnership working this year. Something about them paying my wages (my post is funded by a specific school/club link fund), but that didn't cut much ice with my employers who expect me to be able to personally help 70 clubs through clubmark, while organising 16 school development plans & partnership programmes, and being involved in four brand new County Sports groups, attend meetings with coaches, other Governing Body representatives, and local authorities. Plus turning up at all regional competitions, meetings and events, not to mention 1 management meeting and one two-day development officer meeting per quarter. All on a 2 day a week contract.

I discovered something that I knew in my heart, but had ben too stressed to realise before. I don't hate my job at all. I rather like it. I always have. I hate, detest, and can't abide my employers. It's the company that is awful, not the job.

I still need to leave, but hopefully I won't be so stressed about every day stuff.

On a different but related note. I officially withdrew the girls from their day care today. They finish in one month (3rd Feb), so I have that long to sort out another job:-)

Actually I have a fall back position, having booked enough work with my own company to see me through to the end of April. But some guarenteed wages would be good too.

3 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, January 04, 2006 8:31:00 pm, Blogger mommyguilt said…

    Yes, I've had that same realization. I HATE my company, the exorbitant prices they charge the clients while paying squat for wages to their employees, the whole "Big Brother" attitude of the corporate office, etc...but I love what I do. I do, however, need another job, also...one that PAYS more!!!!!

     
  • At Wednesday, January 04, 2006 9:16:00 pm, Blogger Kyahgirl said…

    It's good that you recognize the problem with your employer. At least you can stay in the same field, just find better employers. Best wishes on that.

     
  • At Thursday, January 05, 2006 10:52:00 am, Blogger frangelita said…

    Good luck with the job hunting! You can find happiness and job satisfaction in the least expected places (or so I hear...)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home