The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Christmas, the next installment

Well, we're home again:-)

Actually, London went remarkable smoothly - I guess 2 days/1 night is just about the right amount of time to spend with my mother without going completely nuts.

It started fairly badly when I was greeted at the front door by my mother in tears, beause she'd cut her hand quite badly the night before & was stressed that her finger was about to fall off (well something like that). By the time I'd convinced her to let me look at it, cleaned it up & dressed it properly, it was time to go round to my father's. We left Aggie fixing my mums computer (it's his only purpose in life you know) & walked the mile to my dads flat. After about 10minutes, my mother was complaining how much it hurt her hand, and when we arrived at my dads, she collapsed into the sofa & fell asleep.

Well, there is only so much I can discuss with my father, even with the kids around to help the conversation along, as my father doesn't really contribute much to his side of any conversation, so after a couple of hours I called Aggie to come & collect us & we spent a quiet evening chatting & watching TV, followed by an early night.

It snowed in London this morning, which delighted Mstr A & LMB for a couple of hours, then we spent the day round at sister S's house. The kids played nicely with cousin G, and as my mum fell asleep for most of the afternoon again, we had time for a quick grouch.

The trip home was pretty horrendous, but uneventful, and the kids are tucked up in bed, giving us time to unpack even more presents before we do the other cousins tomorrow at Nanny A's and the Crazie party. It should be fun:-)

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home