The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

It pays to be lazy

It's been a quiet day today. Aggie went off to work at 6am. I fed LMD and pretended that I would get back to sleep with her yelling in my ear & climbing on me till giving up at 7am. LMB was already awake, but playing quietly in her room, and mstr A didn't even wake up till I went to fetch him for breakfast at 8.15.

The roofers have fnally arrived and have been banging around outside since 8am, although it took me a while to work out what was happening, cos I'd forgotten they were starting today, and they didn't say hello or nuffing! So their first cup of tea didn't arrive till gone 10am. ho hum.

We spent a quiet morning watching tv & playing on the computer. LMB took herself back to bed for an hour, giving me time to print out & post a load of posters for a course I'm running in Feb. I've got to get it filled, cos it's enough to cover my wages for the month, so I can resign from the idiots.

I made a stunningly lazy lunch of frozen fishfingers, frozen potato shapes and tinned spaghetti, followed by instant whip. All three kids ate every speck of it for once!

Now, I've just got LMD off to sleep, and the other two are playing jig-saw puzzles (we got a load of new ones at xmas, after I threw all the old ones out in a fit of annoyance!). I'm going to tempt fate and try to finish off a college assignment while they're all quiet:-)

3 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, January 03, 2006 8:22:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mrs. A -- you didn't know it was the roofers? That noise would have scared me to death!

    P.S. -- your last comment on my blog made me shoot coffee out my left nostril!

     
  • At Wednesday, January 04, 2006 3:37:00 am, Blogger Kyahgirl said…

    I can't tell you how much I admire your productivity. Seriously. I find it almost impossible to do anything constructive with the kids around!

     
  • At Wednesday, January 04, 2006 7:20:00 am, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said…

    Sounds like a nice easy day today...that has got to be wonderful with three small ones Mrs. A.

    I LOVE Jig Saw [uzzles and always did as a kid, too....there us something very satisfying about fitting those pieces everywhere...sparial relationships was always a BIG fun thing for me...in fact I just remembered joining 1000 piece Wooden Puzzle clun when in my early 20's....that came from ngland! LOVED them a whole lot!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home