The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Some good news

A happy end to 2005, with the news that Kate Burton & her parents have been released unharmed after their kidnapping in Gaza last week.

The Israeli/Palestinian conflict seems to be making news again in the blogosphere (partly due to the release of a number of "controversial" {commercial?} books in time for Christmas), and I am not going to even bother to debate the situation here. Partly beacuse I doubt that I could change anyone's mind - it is an issue that seems to tap directly into our inner emotions, and partly because I don't have anything useful to say.

Despite living in the disputed area for nearly a year, which did make me re-evaluate my indoctrinated upbringing, my feelings are very mixed on the subject. But recent events on both sides have at least made me belive there may be a resolution one day - without any genocide!

On a personal note, FiL is much better today. The scan showed a clot, so treatment for that & his cholesterol levels have started, and compliment his previous treatments. We're going in mob-handed today to "cheer him up", and take a few DVD's (and a DVD player) for him, as he's been moved into a rehab ward - in the delightful old building that Aggie enjoyed a couple of months ago.

Here's wishing you, and us, a happy new year, and my fervant wish that 2006 will be a year of wealth, health & success, however you measure those things:-)

5 Comments:

  • At Saturday, December 31, 2005 4:26:00 pm, Blogger utenzi said…

    Happy New Year, Mrs Aginoth. I'm visiting from Michele's.

    Thanks for all the work you've done on Blog Explosion, Mrs A. You've given me 19 points as a result! Have you noticed that their site has been a wee bit slow this past week?

    The Middle East is such a difficult place to swim in politically or culturally--and have I mentioned religion? If you're familiar with the Uncle Remus tales for kids, the Middle East is a true "tarbaby".

     
  • At Saturday, December 31, 2005 4:32:00 pm, Blogger Lisa said…

    I'm with utenzi... the Middle East is one of those things like religion and politics, that I don't bring up in conversation unless I know the person really well and/or I'm ready for a lively and maybe heated discussion.

    Glad to hear the FiL is better! Happy New Year to you and yours, Mrs A.!

     
  • At Saturday, December 31, 2005 4:33:00 pm, Blogger J Anderson said…

    I'm finding it interesting how everyone, including militants, are banding together to try to save aid workers.

    I think that perhaps there is hope in the Middle East.

    Michele sent me.

     
  • At Saturday, December 31, 2005 4:44:00 pm, Blogger Kyahgirl said…

    Happy new year Mrs. A!
    I hope that things settle down with Mr. A's Dad.

    take care,
    Laura

     
  • At Saturday, December 31, 2005 6:59:00 pm, Blogger Karen said…

    A happy new year to you, too!

    BTW, Michele sent me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home