The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Friday, July 20, 2007

Will it never end?

I know that pretty much everywhere else in th world it's boiling hot and sunny, but right here, right now, it's the Great Flood! 40 days and forty nights of rain is nothing - I reckon we're at around eight weeks of rain here in the UK.

That's right, it has rained every day for eight weeks! Today I was sitting in work, listening to the downpour, as the day faded to a dim twilight at 2pm and the tempreture barely reached double figures and decided that I've had enough now. Even I have had to bow to the inevitable and buy a rain coat (well Aggie bought it, but I wore it). Our weekend event has been cancelled because of flooding - and it's a really big event - we were so looking forward to going & trading & chatting to other re-encators etc:-(

The trains have pretty much given up trying to be boats, the roads are all rivers - half the motorways are closed, even Weston-super-Mare beach is under water for once;-) It's JULY!!! I want some sunshine!

Actually, I think what has really got to the great British publi is not so much the rain - we're used to rain, but the lack of weather. Our weather should change - generally every few hours. 8 weeks of the smae weather is just not normal:-)

Oh yes, and just to make things even more depressing, LMB's gone and caught chicken pox (again) so we can't even do anything exciting with our wet weekend off:-(

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • At Friday, July 20, 2007 10:28:00 pm, Blogger craziequeen said…

    Isn't it just horrible....so very depressing.........and I'm not happy at losing the Joust for the first time in 6yrs.

    cq

     
  • At Saturday, July 21, 2007 4:38:00 pm, Blogger Jenny said…

    Can you send some rain down under? I don't even remember the last time it rained here (though, admittedly, it did snow breifly the other day).

     
  • At Sunday, July 22, 2007 7:24:00 pm, Blogger craziequeen said…

    I was wondering if T4 on the beach went ahead today?

    I think we're expecting a little more rain next week.......more, and more.....

    cq

     
  • At Monday, July 23, 2007 10:20:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There must be more spelling mistakes in this blog than just about any other!

     
  • At Tuesday, July 24, 2007 7:17:00 pm, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

    Mis M - you're elcome to it:-) Actually the reason we are so wet this year is apparently because Europe is so ho - they're sending all that hot air over the welsh mountains to make clouds, and more clouds, and even more clouds. As NZ is the down under version of wales, it must be the kiwi's fault:-)

    CQ - T4 went off just fine. They had good weather for the day. They've souped up their baffles since last time we were home for the event - we could only just about hear it if we listened carefully. Shame really - i liked the freebie concert a couple of years ago:-)

    Anon - that is because a) I have a very old and very sticky computer, b) I never spellcheck at home, I have enough of that at work and c) I am writing this for me, not you and I can read it perfectly well, spelling errors and all. But thatnks for taking the time to stop off and tell me - just in case I hadn't noticed! Sheesh, some people have waaaay too much time on their hands!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home