The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Sunday, July 01, 2007

I reckon it went something like this....

William Dad, Can I go to Glastonbury this year please?

Charles No son, I've told you before, no Glastonbury for you.

William But dad, I really want to go. Kate went....

Charles No William. I've tried to let you do lots of things you want,
but not this.

William It's not fair (Swings arms, Kevin-esque). You bever let me do anthing I want!

Harry He's right dad. You're horrible to us. You wouldn't even let me go to
Iraq, and that was my job!

Charles But it's for your own good boys. I'm just trying to keep you safe.

William Safe is booooring. I want to go to Glastonbury (sulks)

Charles I'll tell you what, you can invte whoever you want to come here instead

William That's no good. I want to feel the vibe of a big crowd

Charles Well, invite them to the Royal Variety Peformance then

Harry Now you're just being stupid dad. The RVP is hardly the
same as galston bury (rolls eyes)

William Yah! I want to have a whole festival vibe thing

Charles Well you cn't go t Glastonbury and that's that! There's no tickets
left anyway (stomps off to play in his garden)

William It's not fair! We never do anything fun. Whats the point of
all this money power and influence if we can't do stuff we want?

Harry We could do our own festival It can't be that difficult. if some
farmer can organise it on his own, we should be OK with all our staff.

William True. And we could have all the people we really wnat, and
none of that other rubbish

Harry Yah. It would be really cool. Just people we want. And we're
like royalty yah? We don't even have to stick to pop groups, we
could make anyone we want come along and perform.

William Yah, like Hollywood stars and sexy girls and such

Harry Yah, cool. Like we could even get old groups to turn up. The
ones that we missed cos we were too young. That would be cool.

William. Yeah cool.

William Oh hang on. Do you think that maybe the public would think
it was a bit of a waste of tax-payers money?

Harry Hmmmm. Good point. You don't want to ruin your public
image. Look how hard dad had to work to just not be viewed as insane.

William Yah. I think they might say we're a bit spoiled too. Shame (makes face)

Harry It would have been really fun though.

******AN EPHINANY******

William Uh, Harry. Do you know what I just realised?

Harry Wills, I've just had this great idea....

William & Harry We say its all for mother. the public will let us do
anything if we stick her name on it

William Yay, lets have our own festival. It'll be loads better than
glastonbury. we can chose everything. the acts, the
venue, even the audience. fantastic!

11 Comments:

  • At Monday, July 02, 2007 5:03:00 pm, Blogger CyberKitten said…

    Cynic.... [rotflmao]

    Are we going to be "regaled" with a 20th and a 30th etc 'event'....?

    Please............................................................................ [sobs into hands]

    I mean.... WHO gives a F**K about Diana....? Well, lots of people apparently. Damned if I know why though...

     
  • At Monday, July 02, 2007 7:12:00 pm, Blogger Paste said…

    Wow are you and Cyberkitten out of synch with most of the population or what!

     
  • At Monday, July 02, 2007 8:35:00 pm, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

    Oh I don't know - if you ask around, a lot of people don't have the graetest memories of Diana. If you can ever get hold of it, you should try reading the first edition Observer from the day she died. It's a scathing attack on her as a person, a royal and a role model. Quickly removed and deleted from the following editions:-)

    Personally I don't pertiularly care one way or another about her - as was so famously said "I never met the chick" and so don't have much feeling about her death other than a generic "it's sad that someone died before their time" type feeling. I doubt that the biys were drastically affected by the loss of a mother they rareky saw, and who was, tbh, a bit of a liability to their family and position. Certainly not as affected as the two boys I was taeching that day, whose father was killed in a car accident in Wiltshire, leaving them to carry on without the support of staff and money and palaces to fall back on.

    But yes, I'm very cynical about the reasons and the point behind the Diana concert. Can you explain them to me? In what way soes a bunch of famous people playing a private gig for a load of rich boys and girls (and a few "lucky" londners) make her death any different? How does it help the boys deal with their terrible grief? How does it help others get on with their lives? I can think of many great ways to keep your mothers (or brothers/fathers/childs) memory alive, and to make some good come out of a tragedy. Having a party is not one of them.

     
  • At Monday, July 02, 2007 10:57:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think to say that because they are privileged and wealthy then the loss of their mother was somehow diminished is quite an extraordinary statement. Neither chose to be who they are any more than we did and it seems to me and I would guess to most that they are merely trying to (a) raise some money for good causes and (b) remember their mother in a happy and fun way.
    As to 'the gig' it was no more private than fly to the moon, some 6 billion people watched it.
    Diana was far from perfect but she was appallingly treated by Charles (who was probably coerced into marrying her in the first place, almost as a brood mare) and the whole royal institution. She did at least try to use her fame to do some good it terms of AIDS and landmine clearance etc.

     
  • At Tuesday, July 03, 2007 7:14:00 am, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

    Dave - I have known a reasonable number of priviledged and weathy people over the years, and the loss of their parent IS NOT as big a deal as it is for a (well loved) poorer person of the same age where the parents ar the only crer's and the only home role model. In fact, may have even been honest enoug to admit that the loss of their nanny (or somtimes their school matron) was far more devastating than the loss of a parent they only say for a few weeks a year. That is not to say losing a parent at a young age would not effect them at all - of course it would, but not in the same way as most of us. If I'd lost my mother at the ame age my whole life would have been deastated - I would have lost my mother, my carer, my home, probably my siblings, school and friends. They just lost their other.

    Do you think she was appallingly treated? I thought he acted in pretty much the same way that royals have acted throughtout the centries. marry the brood mare - sleep with whoever else you feel like. Charles was rather committed to his mistress don't you think? I expct Diana knew what she was getting into. Although as I don't other t follow the "celeb" stories, or read stupid conspiracy theries, I couldn't really say.

    Although the post was supposed to be just a bit of light hearted fun!

     
  • At Tuesday, July 03, 2007 4:53:00 pm, Blogger CyberKitten said…

    paste said: Wow are you and Cyberkitten out of synch with most of the population or what!

    Has always been so - at least for me. I'm actually a republican who would happily see the entire Royal family got rid of.... [grin].

    dave said: As to 'the gig' it was no more private than fly to the moon, some 6 billion people watched it.

    Erm... That's the *entire* population of the world! - most of whom have probably never heard of her. Don't you mean 6 MILLION?

     
  • At Wednesday, July 04, 2007 1:13:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So that's what that was all about, eh? I heard something about a "Diana" concert on Fox news and thought that a bit odd. I mean, she's dead, right? What good is a concert going to do her.

    You're so funny, Mrs. A. Lovely bit of dialogue there. Yah. ;)

     
  • At Wednesday, July 04, 2007 10:38:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry Cyberkitten, I was using the 6 billion in the sense of 'squillions' of people watched not as an accurate figure, just coincidence that its the world pop. No idea how many actually watched but I would guess that it was 100's of millions worldwide.

     
  • At Wednesday, July 04, 2007 2:23:00 pm, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

    Actually less then 15million people saw it - according to the BBC were broadcasting it anyway.

    Also, the profits made AFTER deducting all costs & expences of the conccert went to charity. That means after paying the artists, venue, ticket sellers, associated traders, insurance, VIP expences (and there were a LOT of VIP's) ect...

    basically a great way of getting a "free" concert!

     
  • At Wednesday, July 04, 2007 6:43:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Around 15 million people from across the UK watched the Concert, and it was broadcast to over 500 million homes in 140 countries. All the artists performed for free, although the concert organisers covered performance costs.

     
  • At Wednesday, July 04, 2007 8:10:00 pm, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

    "it was broadcast to over 500 million homes in 140 countries."

    Ridiculous statistic. It was broadcast to my house, but I didn't turn it on, so who cares how many TV's could possibly have received it? Even TV companies don't care about possible viewing figures, just actual ones!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home