The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Haitus

I know, blogging has ben a bit intermittant recently. But I don't feel like saying very much at the moment. Life is seeming a bit of a hard slog. Actually, I feel like I'm walking accross a tightrope, made out of fuse wire (lit behind me), slung across a chasm with a bloody huge cliff to climb at the far away other end.

We're still trying to appeal against the decision not to retire Aggie. His work agree that he is currently not fit for work. And that no treatments have been sucessful over the past 15 years. And that there is no cure for his conditions. But something might work soemtime over the next couple of decades so they won't let him go. Which means we still don't know where we will be in a few months time, neither financially nor logistically. I don't know if I have to spend £1000's booking Mstr A into play schemes all summer holidays, or if he will stay at home with Aggie. i don't know what we are suppposed to do about LMB starting school in Sept unless one of us is off work for the first term. She has a week of 2 hours in the morning, then a week of two hours in the afternoon, then a week of three hours in the morning, three hours in the afternoon, 4 hours across the day ect....

the summer holidays are going to be really depressing, as I do not have any time off left so will have to work right through:-( Whats the point of living at the seaside if I don't get to play on the beach with my kids all summer?

I'm really fed up of being skint all the time - although I did get a fabulous bag full of clothes for LMB (and LMD when she grows a bit) off freecycle the other day - full of almost new branded stuff and about 2 dozen pairs of shoes!!! But it's not the same as having enough money to do stuff myself. I have decided that I am going to have to try to find a way to requalify my first aid so I can keep making that little bit on the side to cover the costof anything that crops up which means there will be even less time to do all the stuff with the kids and round the house as I will be spending non re-enactment weekends teaching.

I can't even get very riled up about anything at the moment. every now and then I see/hear a news topic that I discuss/debate for while, but I can't seem to keep enough interest to blog it.

Hopefully I'll find some more enthusiasm soon. Until then, I'm still visiting everyone's blogs, but my posting and commenting are in a bit of a haitus.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At Saturday, June 23, 2007 9:57:00 pm, Blogger craziequeen said…

    Feling a bit quiet myself these days.....I put it down to the terrible rainy and depressing weather......

    Doesn't help that I know there's a show evening at the stud tonight...I'd so much rather be there with the smells and sounds of the stables.....

    We'll still be here when you're 'up and around' blogging again.....

    cq

     
  • At Sunday, June 24, 2007 8:14:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I understand.

    Honestly, I keep entertaining thoughts of going on hiatus myself. It's tough when life is a struggle. Sometimes all the strength we can muster is just to breathe.

    You are always in my thoughts, Mrs. A... you and your family. I send good thoughts your way, and wishes for comfort and joy.

    I'd say, 'hang in there', but I know you will. You are an amazing woman.

    All the best. :)

     
  • At Thursday, June 28, 2007 3:17:00 am, Blogger Kyahgirl said…

    take a break from the blogging and just lurk a bit...takes some of the pressure of.

    big hugs from across the way!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home