The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Diagnosis?

We've been offered a cancellation appointment with Mstr A's peadiatrician tomorrow morning. It's for three hours and will feedback on all the other professionals views & reports, and hopefully (possibly) get us actually starting towards a diagnosis for him.

Or I'll just be told I'm a pushy parent & to shut up & shove off. Who knows?

It's pretty good as usually we would wait about 3 months for this appointment after all the other professionals have had their say, which would take us well into the next academic year! - and it's only been a week. Although they were WELL pissy at work when I told them this afternoon that I wouldn't be in in the morning. My immediate boss was out, so i went to see the head of staffing. he gave me such a look! I know it's awkward, but tough - this is my child's future! Which I told him in no uncertain terms. He was not happy, accepted it, and went to shout at someone else - which i wouldn't have put up with if it were me, but there you go.

I'm slightly annoyed, cos he said how much they had been flexible for me which I think is just untrue - i said at the interview stage that I would not work past 3pm on three days a week. they did not need to show any flexibility. they just needed to decide whether I was what they wanted or not. they obviously decided I was. It's not as though I've been swapping and changing things since! Humph. but really, other thn a bit of self rightousness i'm not bothered. i know I work bloody hard there. my boss knows that. The rest of my team know that. Mostly i don't really care what the others think. they have little bearing on anything:-)

I'll probably work late tomorrow to make up some of th time though - I've only just managed to catch up on being off for those couple days last week! And I'm hoping to do a car boot sale on sunday, as it'sthe only Sunday we've got free until September! And we've got loads of stuff that needs to be got rid off. But that means I have to get on with packing it into the car, cos I'm out all day Saturday at a Spa - just for me. I've never been before, but everyone agrees I deserve it, and I feel it's time i started agreeing with them:-)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home