The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Out of the mouths of babes..

The queen is coming to Mstr A's school next week.


My boss asked if we wanted the afternoon off to go see her, which me & colleague thought was hilarious - although oviously we haven't actually turned him down. an afternoon off may be useful;-)


I tried to catch Mstr A's taecher to ask him about it, but he's off on a course all week! As I've got the time availabe, I was going to offer to assist with Mstr A during the visit. we don't need a repeat of his first school harvest festival in the church..... All the children trooped in, sat quietly, listened to the sermon, and then the vicar?priest? said "let us pray", and all the children bowed their head readfy to sit & contemplate their toenails in silance for a few minutes, except Mstr A who jumped up & called out "I don't need to pray, I don't believe in od" and wandered off to play:-) I mean, full marks for making your own decisions and standing by your beliefs, but possibly a little more social awareess amy ahve been in order:-)



Or when Germaine Jackson came to visit. Big kudos to the school - he only went to half a dozen around the whole country, but Mstr A wouldn't shut up about how he talked funny (US accent) and who was he anyway? It took me WEEKS of explaining that once he had some pop hits, but mostly he was the brother of someone else, who once had some pop hits but was mostly known for doing dodgy things with little boys, and no, i don't really know how that makes him a spokesperson for an anti-bullying campaign, and no, you can not watch the big brother programme they were all talking about!


So without any advice available form the school, I decided to broach the sunject with him. He had been told, so happily entered into conversation about it...

"Mummy, the queen is coming to my school next week"

"I know darling. Will that be fun?"

"yes, it's very exciting"

"Do you know who the queen is?"

"yes!"

"who is she?"

screws up face. Taps teeth. Stares upwards for a while.

"it's quite difficult to explain"

"Do you know what she does?"

"she lives in a palace"

"Do you know what she looks like?"

"no. But I can imagine...." (I feel he is likely to be disappointed)

"Do you know why we have a queen?"

"no"

"do you know why she is visiting your school"

"no"



Me neither!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At Sunday, July 15, 2007 2:11:00 pm, Blogger CyberKitten said…

    I think that its going to be 'interesting' if she wants a few words with Mstr A... [grin].

     
  • At Sunday, July 15, 2007 2:22:00 pm, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

    hmmm, methinks that may be a tad unlikely. The last time queenie came visiting anywhere that I was involved in, her "people" came the day before. They lined up all the children in the club and spoke to each one for a couple of minutes. then they picked out 6 clean, pretty and white (mostly - it was east london after all!) girls and said they would be the ones to dtand in the front. Then they picked the two most elequant and polite of those six and said that if she wanted to speak to anyone, it would be one of those two. And no-one else!

    Assuming the same kind of thing happens, I rather doubt Mstr A will make the selection!:-)

     
  • At Tuesday, July 17, 2007 3:15:00 pm, Blogger JR said…

    Oh that's too cute! (about the prayer) As for Germain Jackson - HUH? Why would he be visiting schools to talk about bullying? I don't know anything about him visiting schools stateside. As for the queen, I would go to see her. I went to see Prince Charles when he visited Austin, TX back in the 1980s. It was a nice break from work, especially since I didn't particularly care for my co-workers at the time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home