The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Friday, November 17, 2006

It will never happen

I kindly sewed up CrazieQueens new underdress earlier this week, so it would be ready for her to wear tomorrow night at the big annual company banquet. We took her shopping for it a few weeks ago, and she has since marked it out, tacked it & handed it to me to machine the seams.

When we finished our last event of the season, way back in August, Aggie promised that he would cut out the material for my new bodice, which will transform my 11th century dress (from the previous group, but worn with minor adaptions this season) into a 14th century dress. I have no skill with scissors and tend to waste an AWFUL lot of material if I try to cut it myself!

Every week I have put it on his "to do" list - he only has three things per week on there! Since the start of September, the same three things have been repeated each week. I did take one off, when I completed it myself (clean out the car!), and he did finally finish one (the bathroom ceiling), but although he has measured me at least three times (It involves me getting undressed & him feeling me pretty much all over!), not a single piece of material has been cut!

I got dead stroppy with him last night & was pretty upset. He has three complete outfits, and I have none! He's been promising for nearly a year now! So he was suddenly guilted into getting on with it. Last night we made the toile (a basic cloth pattern), tonight he cut the lining material & fitted it to me properly. which leaves tomorrow morning - with three children running around) to cut the wool, hem 8 pieces of material, and sew them all together.

oh yes, and the sewing machine needs fixing1

He's done a really good job, and it fits wonderfully (from what we can tell without actually making the real thing), but why waut so late?! It's never going to be done in time for the banquet - and if it is, it'll be because I've spent the whole day sewing, and I don't want to! I want to take the kids shopping!

Bloody men!

1 Comments:

  • At Saturday, November 18, 2006 4:04:00 pm, Blogger craziequeen said…

    Thank you, thank you, thank you....

    I tried it on all to be sure and it looks wonderful. Even needing an extra inch or more on the bottom to make it properly demure, it fits great, is way more comfortable under my dress.

    See you in a bit.

    cq

     

Post a Comment

<< Home