The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Giving up and cashing in

OK, I have given up trying to pretend I can stay in bed till 7am each morning. Not only does it mean I don't really have time to get all three kids up, fed, washed, dressed, packed and sorted for school by the time we have to leave at 8.10, but I rarely even manage to stay in bed that long as the kids wake when Aggie goes out at 6.30, and I just get cross thinking that I am being woken early! So I have decided that I might as well accept the inevitable & set the alarm for 6.30 each morning:-( Still, I have to say, I even had time for a shower this morning:-)

I am cahing in on all the stuff we have taking up space in the house, as I have finally got around to advertising the big things in the local free-ads mag. The travel cot was snapped up a couple of days ago, and today someone came for the enormous rocking feeding chair I had in LMD' room. It was dead comfy, & I had wanted to keep it, but it is just so big it's not practicable now:-( Still, the money is nice, and it means I can start looking for a bed for LMD now there is space for it in her bedroom! - which will mean i can sell her cot early next year. Hurrah! No more baby things!

I'm still hoping to sell a few more things - the double buggy is pretty bulky, and the very expensive but no longer required bike trailer the insurance stumped up for will bring in a good amount (hopefull). Next i have to sort out all the baby clothes & freecycle them. I've already got rid of a load of stuff that wasn't saleable (or, like clothes, not worth the effort of marketing) there. I'm hoping I'll get known enough on there that i can start to ask for stuff - a slow cooker sounds like a good idea right now!

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home