The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Thursday 13 - round-up

Thirteen Things about My life

1. I've been really snappy & stroppy recently. This has been for a number of reasons, but hopefully I have rectified them all and will start to be a nicer person to be around soon.

2. I went to bed at 6pm last night. I didn't actually intend to, but was so totally exhausted that I pretty much just passed out!

3. I'm not sure why I was so tired - the kids all sleep through the night now - but I have been seriously knackered for a few weeks now. I think it started when I had a urinary infection a few weeks ago, and I just never really gave my body time to recover. Hopefully 12 hours sleep will have done the trick!

4. I went to the dr's and had my coil removed on Tuesday. I have hated it since it was put in about 6 months ago. It gave me permenant PMT which is no way to live your life.

5. It also increased my periods from 1-2 a year (lucky me) to 1-2 a month! No fun at all.

6. plus I've had more infections etc in the last 6 months than in the rest of my life put together.

7. So hopefully, letting my body get back to normal will help me feel more normal too.

8. We bought one of these last week.

(THIS is quite definitely a picture of a bike trailer cum stroller type thingy. The ones that you tow on the back of your bike & hold two kids. Honestly it is. As soon as blogger gets it's pictures working again it is anyway!)

9. It is so we can ride to & from Mstr A's new school when he starts in September.

10. His school is less than 2 miles away, but when walking at LMD's pace it would take over half an hour. And I have to do it 6 times a day - there & back in the morning to take Mstr A to school, there & back at lunchtime to take LMB to pre-school, and there & back in the afternoon to mpick them both up. I don't want to be spending over three hours a day walking backwards and forwards!

11. I am absolutely terrified of using it! I'm not a natural cyclist in the first place, and I scared that I'll forget hoe much wider & longer it makes me. I'm hoping to get a few trail runs (with it empty) done next week before having to subject the girls to it.

12. I am hoping that cycling 10 miles a day will return me to sensible fitness levels, as I haven't done any physical activity (other than run around after the kids) since leaving work in February.

13. So come Christmas, i should be fit, full of energy, happy & thin. Yeah, right!

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




17 Comments:

  • At Thursday, August 24, 2006 9:06:00 am, Blogger Aginoth said…

    nothing like 14 hours sleep.... :)

     
  • At Thursday, August 24, 2006 9:14:00 am, Blogger MaR said…

    You were really, really exhausted if you could sleep that long! A coil (well, several, if you know what I mean!) worked fine for me for about 15 years and then my body just refused to accept one of them... Happy biking! I need to exercise myself, no heat-wave excuses anymore...Happy TT!

     
  • At Thursday, August 24, 2006 10:27:00 am, Blogger Gina said…

    I WISH I could bike! I can imagine what the thingy looks like, they are very popular here! Happy 13!

     
  • At Thursday, August 24, 2006 11:41:00 am, Blogger Jodi said…

    I hope you got enough rest!! Have fun biking! My TT is up.

    Happy Thursday!

     
  • At Thursday, August 24, 2006 12:13:00 pm, Blogger Tink said…

    I hope you're feeling better soon. Good luck on the biking, you just need some practice. Go girl! :-)
    My TT is about my new kitten.

     
  • At Thursday, August 24, 2006 12:43:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No. 2 is caused by no. 1 (imagine that). I got sick of having two periods a month so I just opted for a partial hysterectomy. Best thing I ever did. Thanks for visiting my TT!!

     
  • At Thursday, August 24, 2006 1:24:00 pm, Blogger Zeus said…

    Sometimes, there's nothing better for you than a nice, long nap. Don't feel bad for having gone to sleep super-early - your body was trying to tell you something!

    I hope you feel better soon! Happy Thursday to you, and feel free to read my list as well!

     
  • At Thursday, August 24, 2006 1:32:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Feel better soon.

    Towing the kids with the bike ought to be a fantastic workout! I need to get Mr. Bird to fix the back tire of the used bike I just bought recently.

    Happy TT!

     
  • At Thursday, August 24, 2006 1:38:00 pm, Blogger Carey said…

    Way to go on the sleep. Hope it helped. Good luck with the bike..let me know how it works out towing the kids behind..i would love to have one of those. I like your goal in number 13...i would like to accomplish the same thing..but i will have to walk, since i dont own a bike.
    My list will be up later on...having trouble completing it.. :)

     
  • At Thursday, August 24, 2006 2:19:00 pm, Blogger karen! said…

    Great list! I have kind of a back-to-school list too.
    #4 what is PMT? What coils? Did you have one of those IUD type things? They just looked painfull to me. Instead, I just had my husband get himself fixed.

     
  • At Thursday, August 24, 2006 2:31:00 pm, Blogger Tanya said…

    Great (and honest) list. Hope things improve soon.

    I'm also expecting to lose heaps of weight by Christmas. But only if I stop eating so much and start moving more...

     
  • At Thursday, August 24, 2006 4:11:00 pm, Blogger Mall Worker said…

    That was a great list! I hope that you get better soon.

    Enjoy the bike trialer! That is a great way to get in shape I think! I've been wanting to get one for a while now!

     
  • At Thursday, August 24, 2006 4:17:00 pm, Blogger Courtney said…

    Hope you're feeling better soon. I have been very snippy lately too. Good luck with the cycling! Wow, what a great fitness plan :)

     
  • At Thursday, August 24, 2006 8:24:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ohoh, two different kind of cyclings here, both of them sounds tough to me ;-)

    Well, the first one doesn't surprise me, though I find it surprising that the doc's don't know more about them than they do, or the effects of them on our bodys. A sad fact indeed. I feel like we're too much of "human test animals" with a lot of side effects.

    The other one just make me go Pheeew ;-)

    Thanks for cycling by our T13 :-9

     
  • At Thursday, August 24, 2006 9:10:00 pm, Blogger craziequeen said…

    Hi sweetheart!

    One of the dad's at Woodpeckers has got a bike trailer for his kiddie - but I think he keeps forgetting it's on the back of his bike........

    cq
    My TT is finally up"

     
  • At Friday, August 25, 2006 4:57:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope that you get to feeling better, sleep is definately a good thing

    my list is up

     
  • At Thursday, August 31, 2006 5:48:00 am, Blogger Trisha said…

    Hope that you are feeling good as new soon. Take care!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home