The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Monday, August 21, 2006

Happy blogday to me

Yes, it's true. It's been one whole year since I started this blog! I can't believe it. I was sure I'd get bored within weeks if not days. My record for keeping a paper diary had previously been four days! It's the comments that make all the difference, so thaks to everyone who has commented on here (well, actually, maybe not everyone! But certainly everyone who hasn't actually suggested that I should be tortured or killed, which is nearly everyone!)

Things have changed alot in the year. I've left my employers. I've started and finished a college course. I no longer have a baby - but do have three fighting fit kids now! I've built bridges with my mother. We have sped along an incredablyt steep learning curve with Mstr A, and had a host of ideas about him, but progressed solidly in the right direction, including sorting out a new school for him to start in September. I have "met" loads of fascinating people from across the globe, and found out more about people I already knew too.

Auspiciously, I was contacted today by a journalist for the major local paper, who is thinking about featuring this blog in an article soon. Cool or what (if it happens)? I shall be prepared for my readership to explode exponentionally for a day or two, then fall straight back down to the 5 regular readers who make the effort to visit every day already:-) Still, 17,000 readers in a year aint so bad imho! Thanks to all of you - and especially the commenters.

I wonder what I'll be writing about in another year?

4 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, August 22, 2006 6:12:00 pm, Blogger JR said…

    Congrats on your one year anniversary! I didn't even notice when my first year went by. Congrats on the public recognition too. I hope the paper runs a story on your blog. It's good to get recognition and positive feedback. Keep on writing!

     
  • At Wednesday, August 23, 2006 6:59:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Greetings and Congratulations Mrs A on your anniversary!
    You see you actually do have dedicated readers of your blog...
    I am I think what you bloggers call, a 'lurker'...I came across your blog quite by chance one day about 6 months ago while looking for something else entirely!
    However I was impressed and quite captivated by whatI read there and I happily admit to returning to your blog often to read how your you and family are doing.
    I think you are a special mother ...in particular I do enjoy your honesty, your intelligent arguments and your out-look on life.
    I am a disabled...an (almost) old lady, a mum of two grown up (children?)...heavens,just what do you call them in their 30's and 40's?
    I dont think I have enough interest in my now limited life to blog to anyone, but thankyou for allowing me to share yours....please do keep it up.

     
  • At Thursday, August 24, 2006 9:06:00 am, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

    Thanks anon - for the nice comment and for de-lurking to write it. It's nice to know there are some regular readers out there:-)

    Everyone's life is boring to them - to others pretty much everyone's is interesting:-)

     
  • At Tuesday, August 29, 2006 2:36:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Shucks. Sorry I missed stopping in on your 'actual' Happy Blogday. (Hmmm, I think my year is fast approaching, too.)

    Belatedly... "Happy Blogday, Mrs. A!" I have enjoyed getting to know you through your words, and I look forward to visiting your blog in the coming year/s.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home