The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Friday, August 18, 2006

Almost certainly a bad idea!

We have a new lap-top. Horay! Although I'm a bit concerned about it tbh - I let Aggie go and "look" at what one would cost on his own last night. He phoned to say he's found a lovely one and it's in the sale, can he buy it? I specified an upper limit for the monthly repayments, but failed to dictate an upper limit for the whole computer, as we'd agreed, we didn't need anything too exciting - just enough to run email & internet, and maybe powerpoint if possible.

So he comes home with a £900 HD dual processing piece of brand new technology, with seperate graphics card so he can play games! It's very nice and all, and yes, it is only £25 per month, but........

It also means we will almost certainly still be payimng form it long after he has decided that it's out of date and he needs a new one. Hmpfff! He's stuck with it for at least 4 years now:-)

Oh well. It is nice. And it means all the other computers get to shift down to the next person in line now:-) I get the old lap-top (if and when it gets fixed), LMB gets Mstr A's old desk-top, which is good cos she keeps using it and there have been some arguments, and Mstr A gets the lap-top we aquired a couple of weeks ago - when Aggie configures it. Hopefully, when LMD wants to start using the computer properly in a few months she'll share with LMB (yeah right!).

Although I've just joined Freecycle - something I've been meaning to do for ages, and stuff comes up on there quite regularly, so maybe we'll get the really old desktop working again for LMD?

3 Comments:

  • At Friday, August 18, 2006 4:19:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    come on!!you know better than to let your hubby go shopping on his own. A bit like locking you in a chocolate shop all night.

     
  • At Sunday, August 20, 2006 9:31:00 pm, Blogger JR said…

    I've got two laptops and one desktop in various states of disrepair that you're more than welcome to! I'm currently shopping for a new pc. I want an Apple but can only afford a Dell. :-(

     
  • At Monday, August 21, 2006 7:59:00 am, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

    DBB - true, but the money thing is still a worry:-(

    That would be lovely VV, but I think the postage may be a bit much LOL

    I've never used an Apple:-( I have used a Dell:-( Although I ought to be nice about Dell since they pay the wages of pretty much all my American relatives;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home