The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Friday, August 25, 2006

Losing it

I never used to get too ruffled by the kids. I could calmly sit through the most horrendous tantrms and screaming fits. I would patiently answer "why" for hours before giving the stock answer "just because". I would benignly smile down on them as the trashed the house playing rugh & tumble together.

Nowadays, I want to throttle them all at least once a day, and seem to end up yelling at the top of my voice most evenings. I don't know if it's just me being snappy, them being more annoying, or just a long, long summer holiday. But I do know I am desperate for term to start again, and to get back into our normal routine. Not just getting rid of Mstr A all day, but going out every day & seeing different people & places.

Still another two weeks to go though:-( Although we're off to Caerphilly in the 14th century again tomorrow, so at least i get to have some different conversations. However, CQ will be there trying out th hobby, so LMD will pobably scream the whole weekend:-(

4 Comments:

  • At Saturday, August 26, 2006 12:15:00 pm, Blogger craziequeen said…

    That thought about LMD has already crossed my mind.......
    hmm - perhaps I shouldn't go.......

    :-((

    cq

     
  • At Sunday, August 27, 2006 9:36:00 pm, Blogger Sadie Lou said…

    I feel ya. I'm having "one of those weeks" with the kids too. My motto:
    Nothing is fun; nothing is easy.
    Needless to say, I'm mildly depressed lately. I can't wait until I snap out of it.
    :(

     
  • At Monday, August 28, 2006 6:17:00 pm, Blogger JR said…

    Hi Mrs. A., we've all been through those phases too. It will pass. Hopefully you'll be able to regenerate your nerves at Caerphilly and be calmer when you return. When does the next term start for your kiddos? My son began high school today, and my daughter returns tomorrow as a senior. I feel old. :-&

     
  • At Tuesday, August 29, 2006 2:30:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Okay, here's the cure, Mrs. Aginoth: You must place a set of headphones over your head and blast your favorite tunes into your ears, all-the-while consuming excessive amounts of alcohol.

    It works, I tell ya. Indeed it does. You'll be smiling again, and alternatively, the kids will want to throttle you. Which makes it all the more fun. [grin]

    Seriously, hope things are settling back into a nice, calm, regular routine for you. My five munchkins just started back up with school last week. It's been nice having the day to myself, but the getting up early part is for the birds. Ugh.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home