The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Lovely london

I'm off to London today, to spend some time at my mothers. Aggie has buggered off to Newcastle for work, so me & the kids are going up by train, and he'll meet us at the weekend & bring us all home. Lucky him!

I love my mother, but she really does drive me nuts sometimes, so i'm approaching this week with a bit of trepidition. last year the week at my mothers started with a blazing row where she told me that she didn't want to see my kids again, and I said that we came as a job lot, and that if she wanted me to chose between my children and my mother, she could guess who would win! I came back from there so stressed out that I started writing this blog to vent - so at least something good came out of it;-)

The weather is expected to be very changeable all week too - with rain most days, which will limit what we can do, but hopefully I'll be able to keep the kids occupied enough that she doesn't have to interact too much with them *sigh* At least mstr A can sit and read a book now.

Anyway, she doesn't know about this blog, but does have a decent internet connection, so hopefully I'll be able to update daily still. First I have to sort out what to pack into one very small bag, and how to manage three kids, one pram, and two bags on the train & London underground!

2 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, August 01, 2006 10:07:00 pm, Blogger JR said…

    Ugh! That many kids and their paraphernalia on the Underground? Are you nuts? ;-) My mum doesn't have much patience for kids either. I'm always amazed she had 7 kids. I'm sure it's always easier to deal with your own kids rather than someone else's even if they are related. As we age we probably lose a lot of our patience too. I'm being generous and assuming that's the case where my own mum is concerned. ;-)

     
  • At Wednesday, August 02, 2006 6:23:00 pm, Blogger Emily said…

    You mum said what?! Dear me, well done for trying it again!

    Have fun in London. It's a great place for kids to explore.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home