The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Owch

My finger hurts!

Don't be disgusting - It hurts because I've been doing too much sewing! I spent pretty much all of yesterday trying to get it finished, but of course, failed miserably:-(

I ve finished LMB's & Lmd's underdresses, Mstr A's shirt & hose. They are completed, including button holes, finished seams & hemming. Yay me!

I've put together LMB's skirt & bodice, Lmd's skirt & bodice, and Mstr A's tunic, but they are not finished at all:-(

I've not even started my Kirtle. And I think the girls will just have to do without kirtle's this event, as they are not even cut out yet!

Oh, Aggie also sorted out shoes for Mstr A & LMD. we still need to make some for LMB.

Everything is in the washing machine being dyed ATM, while we sort out kit & pack the car.

I've still got this afternoon (in the car) and evening (round the fire) you know.......

Ah well, as Douglas Adams said, "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by"

Obviously, we'll be incommunicado for the next couple of days (no net access in the middle of a field, in the middle of a castle, in the middle ages!). OMG - we're going to miss the first episode of the new series of Dr Who!!!!! anyone live near Caerphilly? Can we come borrow your TV?

I strongly recommend that you spend some of all that spare time you'll get by not reading my drivel, by visiting my tenant, Cheeks & Paste & Digby. They are very funny guys, the whole site is full of all those jokes that just make you bark with laughter. I blogrolled them ages ago, so it was an easy decision when they asked for a bit of space in my spare room. So go and give them a click & leave a nice comment. It'll make both of you very happy - I promise.

6 Comments:

  • At Saturday, April 15, 2006 6:09:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love the Douglas Adams quote... lol.

    At least you can sew. I tried to make a blouse in 4H, (as a kid), and it ended up looking like a maternity top. I was 13 yrs old! I still, to this day, have no idea what I did wrong. Nor do I care. Sewing is sooooo not my thing. However,I am a bit in awe of people who can sew, and do so well.

    Well gosh, I hope you enjoy your trip into the Middle Ages. It sounds like a ton of fun.

     
  • At Saturday, April 15, 2006 6:10:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    PS. Dr. Who is an awesome show. We get it here on the SciFi channel. Do you have a VCR or DVD-R to record it while you're away?

     
  • At Saturday, April 15, 2006 7:00:00 pm, Blogger JR said…

    Love Dr. Who!! (Tom Baker is the all time best Dr.) Love Douglas Adams!! So much truth and smartass humor in the Hitchhiker's Guide, love it, love it, love it! Have fun in the Middle Ages, I would love to take the trip myself, but neither my partner nor my two teenagers share my enthusiasm for such things. *sigh*

     
  • At Saturday, April 15, 2006 10:05:00 pm, Blogger craziequeen said…

    [yells down M4]

    Happy Easter, darling!!

    cq

     
  • At Sunday, April 16, 2006 2:16:00 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    Have to say I thought the first episode of the new Doctor Who series was a bit pants... so you didn't miss much :-)

    Hope you had fun, Happy Easter!

     
  • At Monday, April 17, 2006 7:12:00 am, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said…

    I hope the 'pagean't goes well...you sure have worked hard to get those costumes sewn...Brava, to you, my dear!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home