The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

No more babies!

I went off to the Dr today to have a little coil of copper wire placed inside of me, to try and make sure there are no more little Aginothlings to terrify the world.

You wouldn't believe how difficult it was to get the appointment! I phoned up last week as soon as I came on to book in with the specific Dr who does such things for early this week. Oh no, she doesn't have any spaces for at least three weeks, can't it wait till next month?

No, because I have already waited a year for this one, and there is no telling when the next one might turn up, but it definitely won't be in 28 days time! Actually my last one was Sept 2002 (lucky me), so I think waiting would be a bad idea as i have had TWO children since then!

Hmmmm, well, you'll have to phone on the morning required and try for an emergency appointment.

No, because it has to be with specific Dr (no-one else does it), at specific surgery (the Dr's all work at two sites -mostly at the other one which is a car ride away) and I don't know when she is there, and it needs longer than the 10 mins emergency appt. time.

The receptionist agreed to discuss it with the dr & get back to me.

I phoned back in the afternoon and made the appt. for this morning.

Unfortunately, the receptionist then failed to tell me that a)I needed to go in last week to have swabs taken (no idea why), or b)to take painkillers before my appt.

It is cold & wet here today. I had to go to the post office & do some shopping, carry the kids around & cook lunch straight after going to the dr's, and now I hurt in places i mostly forget I have.

It better bloody work!

And it better not make me start being regular, cos if it does it's coming straight out. Last week was truely awful. I really don't understand how women manage to carry on with normal lives if they all feel like that every month! I am so, so, so lucky:-)

Oh, and GMTV decided not to run with the story:-( But couple of national papers are apparently thinking about it:-)

4 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, April 11, 2006 8:25:00 pm, Blogger craziequeen said…

    It is with great pleasure that Her Majesty invites you to the first Royal Blog Party at Craziequeen’s Palace on Thursday 13 April, commencing at 10pm BST (British Summer Time).

     
  • At Tuesday, April 11, 2006 10:42:00 pm, Blogger Paste said…

    Get Mr A to have the snip, I did 14 years ago, best thing I ever did!

     
  • At Tuesday, April 11, 2006 10:42:00 pm, Blogger Kyahgirl said…

    Oh, good luck. I was so paranoid about another pregnancy that I did the pill, we used condoms, AND dh went for a snip. Now that we're sure there are no more swimmers, its such a relief!

     
  • At Wednesday, April 12, 2006 7:51:00 am, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

    We are both anti-snip, for completely different reasons, but it's definitely not an option.

    I tried the pill for three years cos the Dr thought it might get me regular. Absolutely hated every minute of it. came of exactly three years later. nothing had changed other than my figure!

    I never really thought much about contraception until LMB was born as before that I was absolutely assured there was no chance of a pregnancy! Even after Mstr A was born, I was told it was a 10 million to 1 chance and couldn't possibly happen again!

    Now I'm a little bit paranoid & we will keep up with the condoms too, but we do tend to be a bit lazy with them now, so i wanted the added security of something else. this seemed the least invasive for the highest protection.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home