The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Friday, January 06, 2006

A new year meme

I saw this one over at Palm Tree Princess and thought I'd have to give it a go, just as a piece to keep & look back on in years to come! Of course, it's a bit late, but not too bad:-)

1. What did you do in 2005 that you’d never done before?
Hmmm, that's hard. It's been such a loonng year! Had a third baby?

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I didn’t make any resolutions last year. I’ve posted some for this year a few days ago though.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Me - does that count? No-one else in 2005, they're all waiting for 2006:-)

4. Did anyone close to you die?
My paternal grandmother.
My Maternal Uncle.
Various great aunts & uncles (It was a bad year for that side of the family)

5. What countries did you visit?
Stayed in the UK all year:-( Got to visit the Scilly Isles for the first time ever though. And Wales, if that counts (not for the first time).

6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
A proper holiday. We keep looking at brochures, but it's so not going to be viable for years yet.

7. What dates from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
30th Jan - LMD born.
16th May - the General Election. I kept looking for my brother.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Damn, I can't think of one. Making it through the year sane?

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not getting a new job

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Who hoo, a healthy year for me

11. What was the best thing you bought?
The gas guzzling 4x4 8 seater monstrosity that sits outside our house. It turned out to be not such a gas-guzzler, that 4 wheel drive is dead useful for our lifestyle and 8 seats is only just about enough half the time!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Aggie - I still have no idea hy he puts up with me, but he does, and hardly ever even tells me off for being a whiney cow.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My mother. The debacle over the summer holiday's is what made me start this blog, in an attempt to rant it out of my system. I will never be able to forget the way she treated Mstr A that day, and forgiveness is not enough if you can't forget.

14. Where did most of your money go?
On the kids. Eating out (naughty us). Buying a big new car.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My birthday - the first one for years that I felt like celebrating on.

16. What song will always remind you of 2005?
Why do all meme's ask for songs? I don't know"! That crazy frog thing, that must have been 2005, & mstr A sings it very loud! Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me? I found it repulsively irritating at fiorst, then read someones blog about how they, as a gay man, sing it to all the straight guys in a bar. absolutely hilarious & made the whole song take on a much better meaning:-)

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Some happier (I'm not pregnant!), some sadder (the job).
b) thinner or fatter? Much the same minus the baby of course)
c) richer or poorer? Loads poorer

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Constructive things with the kids. DIY.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Watching TV - I tend to just veg out in front of rubbish in the evenings, and I could be using all that time better.

20. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?
Quietly, at home with Aggie. we were asleep before midnight this year!

21. Did you fall in love in 2005?
Oh yes, with smoothskin. It's been a long time, and was a nice rnewal of our friendship:-)

22. How many one-night stands?
None

23. What was your favorite TV program?
What, of the whole year? Um, Huff cos i'm dying to see the new series. Lost. Stargate Atlantis, as I didn't miss an episode.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don't hate anyone.

25. What was the best book you read?
Peter F Hamiltons stuff maybe?

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
That LMD doesn't care how bad my singing voice is, she likes to hear me sing.

27. What did you want and get?
My engagement ring - woo hoo.

28. What did you want and not get?
My bedroom walls finished

29. What was your favorite film of this year?
I don't get to see that many, and can't remember wht came out earlier in the year. I guess of the ones I've seen: Narnia, Batman Begins.
I haven't seen Mrs Henderson presents, but I'd like to.

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Went out for a meal with friends & family, got very drunk, stupidly allowed my sister to guest blog while very very drunk. I was 33.

31.What one thing made your year measurably more satisfying?
Coming to terms with my life as a mum, rather than hankering after my childhood expectations.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
Whatever is in my ardrobe that still fits me and doesn't show milk stains much!

33. What kept you sane?
Aggie. This blog.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I don't fancy celebrities. I don't know them, and find it strange that people can fancy people they don't know.

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Most debated? Iraq
Most concerned over? Education reforms
Most excited? 2012 Olympics
Most opinionated? Tory leadership election
Most upsetting? Nuclear power plant plans.

36. Who did you miss?
My brother, still.
My mother being someone I can talk to.

37. Who was the best new person you met?
Just trying out some new friendships. Maybe RCA's new partner. Or a couple of mum's at school that I'm trying out right now:-) My many blogfriends.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005.
Accept the way things are, but never stop trying to improve them.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Umm, no.

5 Comments:

  • At Friday, January 06, 2006 9:38:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Liked your meme! your nr. 8 means a lot!!! (from mom to mom, wife to wife :D)

     
  • At Friday, January 06, 2006 9:40:00 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi Mrs A, Michele sent me. That was one long meme, but now you are the ONLY other person I know who has been to the Scilly Islands. I went a couple of years ago and had a blast, but getting there from the US was somewhat challanging!

     
  • At Saturday, January 07, 2006 5:16:00 am, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

    Hi margalit - I didn't exactly have a blast, what with working and having two pre-walking kids with me! I wrote a couple of posts about it, but my advice to anyone is wait till your kids are all grown up before visiting:-)

    They're not the easist places to get to from England either! But I'm really glad I went.

     
  • At Saturday, January 07, 2006 9:08:00 am, Blogger craziequeen said…

    Nice Meme, love! I knew most of that, but not the deepest darkest 'thought' stuff.

    I know you are learning from my memes, but I've never been a terribly open person - here I'm just typing it in....... :-)

    cq

     
  • At Saturday, January 07, 2006 6:22:00 pm, Blogger Sleepypete said…

    Just nicked this meme for my blog too :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home