The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Monday, December 19, 2005

Another Meme

Matthew @ Childsplay tagged me for this one, so being an obliging soul, here it is (although it's a bit late!)

Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot.

1. Running2Ks
2. Queen of Spain
3. Becky
4. childsplayx2
5. Juggling Mother

Then you select five people to pass the love on to (this is in no way mandatory)
Sorry, you can chose yourselves if you so desire, but me chosing five people to send this on to feels too much like chain lettering to me.

People who have tagged themselves:-)
Kyahgirl

What were you doing 10 years ago?
Wow, when was 10 years ago? umm, December 1995. Oh, not good. I was living alone in an unheated flat in Southampton. All the other five flats in the block had been vacated & the landlord was trying to "convince" me to leave too, so he could refurbish & put the rent up. Working at a couple of local sports centres teaching swimming & gymnastics -not what I had expected to be doing 6 months after graduating - making good money though:-) Aggie was working in Scotland & it's a long way to go for weekend visits!

What were you doing one year ago?
Wow, this is nearly as difficult to remember as 10 years ago! Dec 2004 - I was 8 months pregnant with LMD. I hate being pregnant, especially over festive periods. I was working really hard trying to get everything sorted before my maternity leave. Aggie was in hospital having his leg fixed again. LMB was only just walking, Mstr A had just started full time school. I hadn't discovered blogging:-)

Five snacks you enjoy:

  1. Chocolate
  2. Biscuits
  3. Cake (umm, seeing a bit of a pattern here)
  4. Cheese sandwiches
  5. Peanuts

Five songs to which you know all the lyrics:

  1. Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
  2. Horsey Horsey
  3. Baa Baa Black Sheep
  4. Row Row Row Your Boat
  5. Head Shoulders Knees & Toes
Sorry - but I never really got into music, I'm tone deaf & not allowed to sing at home:-(

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
Simon changed this to multi-millionaire because, really, a million doesn’t get you much nowadays - I've put in a couple of things I could do with £1million, and a couple that would need LOTS more.

  1. Buy a nice house for me, Aggie & the kids. Then buy one each for all our family.
  2. Live, dress & eat better
  3. Get into politics & make the world a better place
  4. Fund loads of research
  5. Take Aggie to Space

Five bad habits:

  1. Not thinking before I speak
  2. biting my nails
  3. missing meals & snacking
  4. laziness
  5. falling asleep:-)

Five things you like doing:

  1. reading
  2. walking
  3. watching the world go by
  4. travelling/visiting new places & people
  5. cuddling

Five things you would never wear or buy again:

  1. expensive jewellary (I just lose it)
  2. no underwear:-(
  3. stockings
  4. cigarettes:-)
  5. a kitchen from Moben

Five favorite toys:

  1. My blog
  2. Civ4
  3. my kids
  4. Aggie
  5. Motorbikes - but I don't have one anymore:-(
If you decide to do this meme, let me know in the comments & I'll link to it here.

Oh, and before you go, don't forget to check out my tenant's blog "Stumbling Through Life". If you haven't been there yet, Why not? If you have, why not go again? Go on, you can do it, hppiness is only a click away.....over there, on my sidebar....just one little click on her picture, it's easy.

8 Comments:

  • At Monday, December 19, 2005 9:11:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Under "bad habits" you missed out over-using ampersands and never spell checking your posts, by the way. Unless "jewellary" is how you spell it down your way, of course.

    "Six months after graduating"... yeah, right. Graduating from "mop monkey" to "burger flipper" at McDonalds, would that be?

     
  • At Monday, December 19, 2005 9:46:00 pm, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

    Now why doesn't surprise me that neither anonymous, nor disappointed left a url?

    You know I found lots of shite when trawling throu BE sites, but didn't feel any need to comment on them. You don't like my blog? click next until you find one you do like to comment on.

    wankers!

    Yep I like ampersands. No I don't check my spelling. Oh no - I am evil incarnate. how will I ever survive the rest of my life?

    Oh, and no, never worked in any fast food emporium, although anon seems to have a good knowledge of the promotion structure there don't they?

    If that's the kind of shit I am expected to take by being kind enough to promote someone elses blog on mine BE will be consigned to my personal blog purgatory.

     
  • At Monday, December 19, 2005 10:37:00 pm, Blogger Aginoth said…

    If that's the sort or arsehole BE attracts I recommend deleting all links to it.

     
  • At Monday, December 19, 2005 10:45:00 pm, Blogger Kyahgirl said…

    Mrs A, I have to be my usual opinionated self and say that your blog is just fine, you don't need more traffic, and you don't need assholes like your two anonymous posters coming here.

    I wonder about the whole blog explosion idea. I'd rather build a community of like minded bloggers who get to know each other by visiting, participating and trying to be supportive. But that's just me.

    Also, I do like this meme and later tonight I'll copy it to my blog. I must get the wrapping finished before I'm allowed to treat myself to any more blogging :-) I'm a bad elf!

     
  • At Monday, December 19, 2005 11:37:00 pm, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

    To all regular readers/comments I apologise for the disgusting & revolting idiots who have been commenting on my innocuous Meme.

    Be assured that they have been reported to BE, their ISP's and in the case of Bergen, the Police.

     
  • At Tuesday, December 20, 2005 12:32:00 pm, Blogger craziequeen said…

    Ignore them nasty people, lovey! You're Teh Blog of Teh Day over at Teh Blogfather's place!!
    And as he is a bit strapped IT-wise - you get to stay blog of the day for 48 hours!

    Yay, Mrs A!!

    cq

     
  • At Tuesday, December 20, 2005 5:02:00 pm, Blogger me said…

    sorry you have had those awful comments. :-( I think your blog is great. :-) think I will stop using BE myself - doesn't seem to be very useful and I can't say I want random abusive people coming to my blog. off to delete my account with them (if that is even possible)

     
  • At Tuesday, December 20, 2005 6:02:00 pm, Blogger Kyahgirl said…

    p.s. I know you're up to your armpits in excrement today but I thought I'd mention that I finally did the meme on my blog too. Of course, I had to change it a bit :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home