The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Send me your sick...

You'd think I was running a hospital here! Aggie's off sick today - dieing of some slight sinus pressure & a cough, Mstr A is off sick today - feeling "not well", LMD is snotting for England all over me, the furniture, the christmass decorations.... Of course, she's a girl, so not moaning about it at all:-) LMB is a bit coughy & snotty too, but I still sent her to pre-school today. I've paid for it & I'm damn well going to make use of it! What a horrible mother.

Poor Mstr A chose a bad day to be ill really. It's his class Christmas party at school this afternoon, & I've made up a plate full of cakes, biscuits & stuff for him to take in:-( Also, he had invited some friends over to play this evening, so they've all had to be cancelled & I doubt we'll get another chance before Xmas now. He woke up this morning and reminded me of both events, ate half his breakfast, then just crawled back into bed. So i guess he really does feel bad.

Of course he came back down at 9.30 and asked to play on his gameboy! I have a strict rule, if you are too sick to go to school, you must stay in bed, or sometimes I let him lie on the sofa & watch TV. If you are well enough to play with anything, go anywhere, or complain of being bored, you're well enough to go to school. When I reminded him of these rules, he agreed that he was too ill to play games & settled for watching TV. He does look quite poorly, poor thing.

So my nice quiet day at home with just LMD has been rather ruined. I was hoping to get the house all Xmas ready during her nap time, but we'll have to see how it goes now.

7 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, December 14, 2005 11:34:00 am, Blogger Aginoth said…

    Slight Sinus problem My Arse...feels like someone is queezing my head in a vice...and I can't take anything for it cos of the diabetes :o(

     
  • At Wednesday, December 14, 2005 12:03:00 pm, Blogger mig bardsley said…

    I so remember this. Have to say I'm glad mine all keep their illnesses in their own homes these days.
    Except for Barney's midnight cramp...It's really hard to show proper sympathy for yelling man at 4 am.
    But sinuses (sinii?) are hell. (on the other hand pain prevents yelling so better than cramp?)
    Hope all get better soon.

     
  • At Wednesday, December 14, 2005 12:13:00 pm, Blogger dena said…

    I just hate when they're miss the special events due to not feeling well. Hope they're all better soon!

     
  • At Wednesday, December 14, 2005 12:51:00 pm, Blogger Paste said…

    A sinus problem in the arse, that sounds nasty!

     
  • At Wednesday, December 14, 2005 9:55:00 pm, Blogger craziequeen said…

    oh, been there - Aginoth, you have my sympathy...and Mrs A - I'm sure you have MB's! Luckily he was away for most of my sinusitis attack...

    cq

     
  • At Thursday, December 15, 2005 2:33:00 am, Blogger Kyahgirl said…

    didn't realize a person had sinus' in their arse. perhaps its a bit different in the UK? :-)

    I have the same rule about kids being sick.

    I remember talking to my Mom a while ago about how she managed with all us kids. (I'm the youngest of 8 kids). She said that by the time I was in kindergarten she was unbelievably thrilled to have a couple of hours to herself. Anything causing her to lose that like a sick kid or a school closure always made her 'quite cross' (very strong language for her!)

    Hang in there Mrs. A.

     
  • At Thursday, December 15, 2005 10:44:00 am, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said…

    A house full of sicko's..Not a lot of fun! Mstr A sounds not too good at all...and Mr. A...not great either. Hope you don't get whatever this crud is...!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home