The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Mmmmm, sleep!

A nice easy day today - well comparitvely:-)

We put the kids to bed late last night cos we were busy playing Civ4 on the computer & didn't realise the time! What terrible parents we are. Anyway, they didn't get to bed till 7/7.30, half an hour late each, which was FANTASTIC, cos it meant no-one was awake till 7am this morning!

Even better, Aggie got up with Mstr A & LMD & gave me another hour in bed. Luxury. LMB didn't wake up till 8am, which is almost unheard of, and probably did her the world of good.

In fact it was a bit of rush getting everyone breakfasted, washed, dressed and ready for the day. However, I did get a proper shower for the first time in ages. Showering is normally a bit of a logistical nightmare with three mobile kids & not a single one with any sense, but neither Aggie nor I are working this weekend, and life becomes much easier as a two parent family.

We were due at Nanny A's house @ 10am for a long overdue visit (she traipses over here all the time, but we hardly ever get there any more), and to meet up with Cousins Girl K & Boy K (stupid Brother-in-Law gave both his kids the Same initial - we told him not to!). However, we didn't leave the house till 9.50, so were a little late (It's a 50min journey). Still it meant Nanny A had some time with BiL & the kids before we arrived which was nice as tey live up in Lincolnshire, so she doesn't get as much of them as of us:-) Also it meant Grandad J was just on his way out fishing, which is good cos he finds a house full of Aginothlings a bit hard to handle:-)

Anyway, it was a lovely visit - far more successful than previous family get togethers. Cousin Girl K played happily with LMB the whole time, and Cousin Boy K was great with LMD. Mstr A also played with Cousin Boy K for a while, which is great because they've never managed to play together without tears and tantrums before, despite being only 5 weeks different in age.

They left at midday, but we hung around - as we are wont to do:-) Nanny A nicely fed everyone, then as they were all playing so happily, I got to take LMD upstairs and we both had a lovely nap for well over an hour! I feel so much better for it. Thanks Nanny A!

We've just got home & fed the kids a lovely west country meal of Faggots & peas., with some rice. Yum. Now they're happily dancing to Xmas songs on the TV:-)

Bedtime soon. Horay!

9 Comments:

  • At Saturday, December 17, 2005 6:53:00 pm, Blogger Prego said…

    What an amusing name for a meal. Thank god you linked the definition.

    Nice to see you again. Here via michele

     
  • At Saturday, December 17, 2005 7:02:00 pm, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

    Ah well, I'm not particularly good at putting links into my posts, but I thought this one REALLY needed it - especially for my American readers:-)

    Also, Wikipedia might think it's a British thing - but I'd never heard of them before moving over here to the West country - and it sounded well dodgy the first time Aggie said he'd make me faggots for tea:-)

     
  • At Saturday, December 17, 2005 7:35:00 pm, Blogger utenzi said…

    Howdy, Mrs A. Michele sent me over to your side of the Atlantic.

    I find it amazing to hear that kids have a bedtime as early as 7pm. I can't remember that far back and as I don't have kids--I've never had to enforce rules like that.

    I'm seriously thinking of getting Civ4 due to what you and your husband have written about it. I was so disappointed in Civ3 tho.

     
  • At Saturday, December 17, 2005 7:47:00 pm, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said…

    Hello Mrs. A...here from Michele this very evening, and oh so happy to be visiting again....Glad you explained the Faggot...Balls...LOL! I did wonder for just a second...

     
  • At Saturday, December 17, 2005 8:38:00 pm, Blogger carmilevy said…

    I've always believed that good things always happen when the kids go to sleep past their bedtime. You've just proven it.

    Michele says hi!

     
  • At Saturday, December 17, 2005 10:12:00 pm, Blogger BiScUiTs said…

    I haven't eaten those for ages. I particularly like how you can get them made by a 'Mr Brain's'.

     
  • At Sunday, December 18, 2005 7:51:00 am, Blogger Shannon akaMonty said…

    I'm ever so glad that my daughter is self-sufficient enough now that I get to sleep in on Saturdays.

    It IS a luxury, indeed. :)

     
  • At Sunday, December 18, 2005 8:59:00 am, Blogger Dak-Ind said…

    CiV4 arrrrgh i havent gotten to play it yet. im actually afraid to because i wasnt impressed by civ3 i was die hard on the original. i loved it. my pc got to fast for it, and i was forever saddended the day i tossed it out. but civ4 looks awesome!

    michele sent me again

     
  • At Sunday, December 18, 2005 9:51:00 am, Blogger ribbiticus said…

    looks like you had such a lovely day. now i know another meaning for the word faggot...*wink*wink*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home