The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

A civilised day

Another day nearly over, another day of virtually no work done!

Actually, it has been quite a constructive day. I sorted out loads of washing (i don't mind doing it as much as sorting, folding & putting it away), I bought LMB new boots (she only had new ones 8 weeks ago, but has been complaining that they hurt for the last few days), bought LMD some booties as she keps taking her socks off, then complaining that she's cold!, made the two really urgent work phone calls & arranged a couple of meetings, bought some beef & made a nice warming stew for supper, (I bought a couple of rabbits for tomorrow too), and, of course, completed my first Civilization 4 Game.

This game is ridiculously addictive. If you don't belive me, just look at what Mr A and SleepyPete have to say on the matter. I started a game last night, and just had to get back to it this afternoon. It's not as though I have anything else to do with my time:-)

PS. I won settler level easily in 1986

6 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, November 22, 2005 6:13:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have to check out that game. So sorry to hear that google thing just brought troubles to you! it has worked fine with us but I will put that post away, just to avoid any further troubles. Sorry, again :(

     
  • At Tuesday, November 22, 2005 9:26:00 pm, Blogger garroo said…

    God I hope I don't get bitten by the game bug. This blogging business - though I'm a bit off and on - takes up my old 'going to the gym' time. And I'm paying the price with inches around my middle. If I ever start gaming I'll never get out of the door in more ways than one.

     
  • At Tuesday, November 22, 2005 11:45:00 pm, Blogger Sleepypete said…

    I'm tinkering with the idea of adding a weight watch to my new blog. I'm a little overweight ... but not much. Could do with losing about a stone though.

     
  • At Wednesday, November 23, 2005 6:41:00 am, Blogger Pete said…

    I have wasted.....uh....spent many hours playing games,.....but you know what....I love every minute of it.

     
  • At Wednesday, November 23, 2005 9:05:00 am, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said…

    I love games, too..but this one looks very very hard to me....of course, one does want a challange, but I don't want to feel really stupid either! (lol)

     
  • At Wednesday, November 23, 2005 1:38:00 pm, Blogger Sleepypete said…

    I think it depends a lot on the game. My game over the past 6 months has been World of Warcraft. It's had a little extra due to the online thing ... I'm saving Warcraft for a later Blog entry when I struggle for things to say.

    Some games make you want to throw things at the wall - you know there's a good game in there somewhere but it's too much effort to bring it out. Others have insane difficulty.

    Heh - nuff talk, more Civ ! :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home