The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Friday, November 18, 2005

OMG - How many years?!?

OK, so over on his blog, Mr A has been reminicing about how we met, how we got together & how we started our relationship 13 years ago!!!!! The how we met bit was fine, but I have some fairly majorly different memories of how we got together, so I following requests, i have decided to give you all my version of events.

Having had a nice discussion with the future Mr A during his date with my next door neighbour, M, (see his how we met post), I promptly forgot all about him:-) There were loads of people to meet in those first few weeks of uni, and the whole experience was very surreal & superficial. I mostly hated them all anyway, and felt that the only thing the nicer ones were good for was a free meal. However, i had my morals. I only ever took one free meal per person, so having used up my food ration, Mr a held no more interest to me!

A couple of weeks went past. I popped up to Perth (scotland) to see my Ex & finally got over him. My birthday came round. My flatmates hadn't yet realised how much we disliked each other, so threw a birthday party for me. I was out at the pub that evening anyway, so by the time I got home, i'd had a couple of drinks. The girls had laid on cake & wine. I think it was probably the first time I'd drunk wine. Spirits & beer aplenty, but wine was pretty much unknown in the East End in the 70's & 80's. I was still young enough that meal were fairly optional, so the cake was the only thing I'd eaten that day.

after the drinks, M said she'd organised to go watch Top Gun in Mr A's room, what with him being old & rich, and having a big room, and a TV & video! I'd said earlier that week that I'd never seen Top gun, & she couldn't believe how deprived I'd been, so had gone straight off to rectify it. Unfortunately, all the other girls decided it was getting late, & they couldn't go out in the dark (it was about midnight), so in the end only Me & M went over there.

Top gun is dull, boring, badly acted, badly written and a total waste of my meagre intellectual abilities. It took me about 10 mins of watching the film to work this out. It also took about 5mins of sitting down to realise I was way to drunk to hold my head up throughout the film. so i lay down on the bed (M had taken the only chair), using Mr A as a convenient pillow. he started stroking my hair. it was nice & relaxing, so i let him.

We drank another bottle of wine.

As te final few words of dialogue were being said in Top gun, M (who had seen it before) jumped up, said "I'm heading home now" & ran out the door. I was still trying to work out how to make my mouth open & tongue work to say the words "hang on, I'll come with you" when the door closed behind her. Too drunk to move, and not completely adverse to a quick fling (it was my birthday you know!), I decided to make the best of it & enjoyed myself. We didn't do that much - I lied, & he seemed happy enough to accept it, so we kept to the safe versions of fun.

At 4am I woke up, sober, thought "oops", grabbed my stuff & scarpered out of there as quietly as possible, thinking any normal bloke would chalk it up to experience, be thankful for a night with a drunken teenager, and spend the next three years avoiding me.

11 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home