The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Monday, October 03, 2005

Why I hate living alone

10 reasons why I hate living alone (primary school age children don't count):

1 Shouting at the TV becomes pointless & jeuvenile

2 You end up with loads of half used tins/packets/jars as produce is not designed for cooking for one

3 The knowledge that you've got all evening to do something, means you don't start it till bedtime

4 Bed is somewhere you go to sleep & wait for tomorrow to start

5 You turn into a slob, because who knows? who cares?

6 there is no-one to rant at over lifes everyday problems, so stress levels rise

7 There is no-one to rant at you about lifes every day problems, so you feel less smug & secure in yourself

8 You suddenly notice how many noises your house/neighbourhood makes

9 Your phone bill is astronomical

10 Your mother thinks she can tell you how to live your life again.

Ok, I admit it, I'm not good at living on my own. in fact, I hate it. I've managed to avoid it pretty much all my life. Even when I was travelling around the world, I met up with people regularly, or chatted to other inmates of the youth hostels etc. This is going to be the longest I have spent on my own ever - and I'm already fed up with it. I know some people like it, but it's just not for me. For all his many faults, Mr A does a fantastic job of looking after me, and I miss it. So no real blog tonight, just me feeling sorry for myself.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home