The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

A lazy Tuesday, not....

Just a few things squeezed in to today. I had my interview in Bristol this morning. As it was not untill 11.30am, I kindly allowed Mr A to take the car to work & took the bus to Bristol. Knowing that I needed the 10.00 bus to bve sure to get there on time, I got to the bus stop in time to catch the 9.30 one. This eventually arrived at 10.10, so we all clambered aboard, me , LMB, LMD, the pushchair, their bag, my bag, LMB's brand new Dora backpack, which she wont let out of her sight... While wearing a suit & stupid shoes, & trying to keep the snotty baby away from my nice white shirt.

Anyhoo, got into Bristol, & reversed the fun of getting on the bus - nobody offered to help, obviously. The interview went quite well, considering I could not access my email, so only had a vague idea of what job I was being interviewed for, then did the whole thing again to get back home. I always swore that I wouldn't have kids until I was no longer reliant on public transport, but what can you do?

Made it home just about in time to go fetch Mstr A from school & meet his teacher to discuss his behaviour, our priorities & his IEP then dragged the kids back for a quick supper, bath (during which I got the phone call telling me I'd wasted my time, as I hadn't got the job), & bed, before nipping out for a PTA meeting. I managed to avoid definitely volunteering for any additional duties, then pissed off the chairman by vetoing a request from the headmaster for us to partially fund the repairs to the school roof. I stated that I didn't think this was what PTA funds were for, and that should come out of the schools capital budget, and did not buy his argument that if we fund £1000 for the roof, that would free up £2000 school funds (due to match funding) for equipment/books etc. I pointed out that capital & revenue budgets are completely seperate, at which point we agreed to disagree.

Otherwise it was quite a good meeting. Loads of stuff planned for the year, only about half of which I've agreed to do.

I'm off now to try to find something to eat as I'm starving. I might actually get some work done tomorrow:-)

3 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, September 27, 2005 9:59:00 pm, Blogger craziequeen said…

    Bad luck on the job old bean.

    I still think you're FABBO!!

    CQ

    WV - dhreu. How you felt when you got home?

     
  • At Tuesday, September 27, 2005 10:30:00 pm, Blogger Aginoth said…

    Oh boy is the School Governors Meeting going to be fun on Thursday now...

    Guess who's a Governor who's wife just veto'd funds to repair teh school roof. Mind you I completely agree with Mrs.A, the roof is something that should be paid for directly from the Capital budget.

     
  • At Wednesday, September 28, 2005 9:55:00 am, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

    Thanks CQ. I have to say they were absolutely correct on their assessment of my strengths & weaknesses in the feedback, although a bit of research could have helped those weaknesses a little:-)

    Still, it solves them problem of whether I should take it or not!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home