The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Another day over, another year missed

The title refers to the Weston Beach Races, the largest beach motorbike event in Europe, which I have been trying to watch since we moved here four years ago, & have constantly missed for one reason or another.

This year, we were all planned & ready, even having arranged to meet some of Mr A's Psoriasis Forum friends at the pier, but of course, that all went to pot when the hospital ruined our weekend!

Oh well, there's some nice pictures here, from the local paper.

Nothing very exciting to blog about today. LMB is slowly buckling an her tantrums are becomming less frequent & shorter (although they still happen!). Todays lunch time one lasted about 10 mins, then when she realised no-one was taking any notice (and boy did I have to drum that into mstr A), she stopped, smiled, & ate her dinner. She even went back to sleep without a murmer when she tried to get up at 5 this morning. Now if only I could stop her trying:-)

Mstr A has also turned a corner, and has been gogeous these past couple of weeks. I'm starting to think I may have jumped the gun a bit by reporting him to the school, and he is just very socially behind. I reckon he's just reached about three years old socially, which is lots better than two, but as he's actually 5, and has the academic knowledge of 7 or 8, it's hard not to expect him to be emotionally mature too. Oh well, the extra help at school certainly won't hurt, and we'll see what the educational Psychologist says at the end of the month. (although my sister is soon to be an educational pschologist, and I have nevber met anyone who is less tolerant, and has less understanding of children than she has, so I'm not too convinced about the profession).

I spent the morning cooking, which I think is a really sad way to spend Sunday morning. I don't care that its been traditional in Britain for 100's years, it's just crap. Still, the kids had a good meal before we went off to Mr A, so I didn't have to worry too much when we got home later. The kids made cards to brighten up his room, but I think we'll need to spend the next few days painting & sticking - it really is depressing there.

However, he looked loads better - not so much the psoriasis (I can't see how that's progressing under the bandages), but less stressed. Plus the horrendous food is making him lose weight, which is no bad thing:-) I've promised to take bacon sarnies in next visit!

I've decided to put a formal complaint in to my work, so off to write the letter now. It's more fun than actually doing the work:-)

5 Comments:

  • At Sunday, October 02, 2005 9:38:00 pm, Blogger Paste said…

    Hope Mr A is getting along fine and that your sister speaks to you again!

     
  • At Sunday, October 02, 2005 9:43:00 pm, Blogger craziequeen said…

    Aginoth is hanging out on the promise of a Caesar Salad! :-)
    But I'm sure he wouldn't refuse bacon butties - or anything else vaguely edible!
    Dunno about lunch, but his evening meals are a disgrace - apparently he won't get on the menus until tomorrow. Let's hope it picks up a bit then, but he is not optimistic!

    CQ

     
  • At Sunday, October 02, 2005 10:26:00 pm, Blogger CyberKitten said…

    The National Health Diet.... No wonder people look so bad after a time in hospital! My Mother couldn't drink tea for 6 months after she came out after her stroke. Fancy being put off tea....

     
  • At Sunday, October 02, 2005 10:37:00 pm, Blogger craziequeen said…

    We also dicussed hospital tea!

    When I was in the gynae ward this undrinkable tea arrived in nice teapots. What we later found out was it was brewed for (several!) hours in urns, then put into teapots ready for the 'ladies'.

    Lots of women went off tea in my ward!

    CQ

     
  • At Monday, October 03, 2005 6:28:00 pm, Blogger stc said…

    Re Mstr A —
    That's a tough combination, socially behind than his peers but intellectually ahead of them. I'm slowly piecing the information together to realize what a challenge you have on your hands!
    Q

     

Post a Comment

<< Home