The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Friday, September 23, 2005

New Beginnings

It was the first day of my new college course today. Administratively a complete shambles (I still haven't filled out any exam board forms, paid any money, that kind of thing), but the course seems to be well enough taught & reasonably simple so far. I don't think I'll have too much trouble academically, although time may be a factor:-)

I also got invited to an interview for a full time job today. The job's spot on, being just down the road in Bristol, good money & back in the work ethos I understand, but it's only for 6 months, so I'm going to have to think long & hard if they actually offer it to me. One the one hand, I'd be back at work, which I really miss. On the other hand the kids would have to go into FT care, which I'm not good at. The money is really needed, but then again 6 months isn't very long, and most of it would be swallowed in child care costs. I haven't talked to my current boss yet, so not sure if I could take unpaid leave for 6 months & have a job to return to at the end, or if I'd have to leave & risk being unemployed again next April. Knowing my employer though I'm not overly hopeful. the interview's on Tues, so I've got the weekend to think about it (except I'm working).

LMD has definately made a dramatic u-turn in her policy. She was as good as gold for Mr A, having a nap, eating her lunch & playing happily - until the moment I walked in the door when she screamed her head off, naturally.

Mstr A woke up compliaing he was sick today, so I dosed him up with medised, and sent him off to school (cruel, evil, uncaring mother that I am). In retribution in vomited all over the classroom & fell asleep at service (I'm sure I'd fall asleep at service too, if I ever went to church), so got sent home! Poor Mr A had to cope with all three kids for 5 hours (I bunked off early promising to complete my assignment at home).

LMB is still complaining about her dummy. But less. We'll get there eventually.

All in all, not a bad day, but I don't think it ranks up there as perfect yet:-)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home