The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Things I'll never say

When I was a child, my mother was constantly saying the most ridiculous things, & I distinctly remember thinking to myself, "when I have children, I'll never say..........to them".

Now I've got kids, I'm constantly saying ridiculous things to them, and I'm sure they are thinking to themselves "when I have kids, I'll never say............to them"

Nothing changes.

"just because" in answer to "but why?"
"while you live in my house, you'll follow my rules"
"you asked for it, you will sit there and eat it all!"
"I'll just be a minute"
"Because I said so"
"Stop asking silly questions" (I know, this is unforgiveable in our PC world)
"If Johnny jumped off a cliff would you do the same?" (after "but everyone else is doing it")

I'm sure there are loads more that will creep up on me as the darlings get older. Suggestions welcome

1 Comments:

  • At Friday, September 16, 2005 7:39:00 pm, Blogger stc said…

    When I was quite small, my mother told me that chocolate milk came from brown cows. It wasn't until I was about thirteen that I was set straight, after I had confidently told someone else that chocolate milk came from brown cows. Someone who knew better and got a good laugh at my expense.
    Q

     

Post a Comment

<< Home