The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

My poor legs

Work day today. i had a meeting booked in with a prospective new club that was only a few miles away, so i thought I'd be good & cycle there.

Stressful & painful, but ultimately very self satisfying.

Slight problem that the meeting was at 9.30am, and I had to walk Mstr A & LMB to their respective schools then go straight off with LMD on the bike. Now my mornings are not the most relaxed in general, so when I got my bike out at 8.15am to find two flat tyres, it was slightly stressful. The stress levels increased while I went to find the pump, then grappled with making it fit on to my tyres. We finally leave the house only 5 mins late, and I make LMB run all the way to school, which is a bit much when you've just turned 2.

Two children down & LMD falling asleep on her seat, I jump on my bike & start cycling. 1 mile & two railway bridges later, I'm not so keen on the idea! I make it to my meeting at 9.25, which I reckon is pretty good going. Then 2 hours later, I have to cycle back again.

By the time I get home, my legs are feeling all warm & wobbly. But I feel pleased that I've saved the taxi fare (the bus couldn't get me there in time - atrocious, as I'm talking about going from the centre of town to the edge of the same town), and been healthy to boot.

An afternoon of acetate printing beckons now. What fun

2 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, September 07, 2005 2:55:00 pm, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

    Ahh, Mr A used to cycle to & from work (9 miles) back when were young, childless & lived in a small town near Bath. It was his thighs that first attracted him to my next door neighbour at uni, which is how we met (she got cold feet & asked me to gooseberry their date).

    I remember the energy, the muscles, the general fitness & wellbeing that suffused in those days. Perhaps my little jaunt on the bike today will bring it all back.

    Or perhaps mstr A, LMB & LMD have more to answer for than we thought.

     
  • At Thursday, September 08, 2005 7:52:00 am, Blogger Aginoth said…

    Must get off my arse and get fit again...

    Not cycling to work though 30 miles each way would be a bit much.

    Suppose I should use the Ornamental Cross-Trainer in the Bedroom.

    WV: budoligy - The study of weak Beer

     

Post a Comment

<< Home