The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

It's snow unusual

to have snow in England that it deserves wall to wall coverage, the closure of schools, workplaces, the cancellation of EVERY SINGLE bus in the capital city, and shock and horror accross middle England!

Except it's NOT that unusual!!! Most parts of England get snow most years. Some get it every year, and some get several inches every year. OK 6 inches in 48 hours is a lot in the south - it only happens every 20 years or so, but it does happen!

It's all gone from here now. less than 48 hours and less than 6 inches is hardly the end of the world, or civilisation! I made it to work. I wish I hadn't bothered - apparently no-one expected me there:) (although I doubt they would have paid me if I wasn't there!). I didn't even get time to make a snowman:(

Perhaps I can build one with my grandchildren in 20 years time........

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, February 03, 2009 11:04:00 pm, Blogger Sleepypete said…

    My Inner Child forced me to make a snowman last night.

    Bit of a runt though :-)

    However, with the melt today he's now one snowball short of a snowman.

     
  • At Thursday, February 05, 2009 4:14:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've heard about all the snow you've been getting. Personally, I could do without snow.

     
  • At Saturday, February 07, 2009 6:39:00 pm, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said…

    Some of the pictures I've seen of the snow there have been quite beautiful! One thing that happens when it snows like that so rarely is---People do not know how to drive in snow....!
    Believe it or not, people don't know how to drive in the Rain, here...there are some years we don't have a great deal and the streets get 'slick' from oil and such.....

    I think it is amazing you went to work...lol....Oh to build a snowman....Great Fun!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home