The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Monday, January 05, 2009

Back to reality

It's been a long holiday season for me. i finished work on 23 Dec and only went back today! I have to admit that i haven't missed it at all, although the constant running around all over the place may have something to do with that:)



We had a nice Christmas day, fairly quiet. We stayed at home for the morning, and the kids got to open all their presents in peace. Santa bought each one of them a calender, a toothbrush, a bath scrubby, a book, a few sweets and a toy. They were over the moon - especially with the bath scrubbies - which were Shaun the Sheep ones:)


Then we packed everyone in the car and went off to Nanny A's for Christmas Lunch, and more pressies:) We were home in time for Dr Who, but I have resolved not to travel anywhere beyond walking distance on Christmas day from now on. Its not fair for the kids to be stuck in the car for hours, and tbh, they all felt sick by the end of the day, and needed to be in their own home! So I'll be doing it again next year:)


My mum came down on boxing day, with yet more presents - so much for my sensible present buying! They all have waaaay too much stuff again now!


We hung on here for the Crazie party, then went up to London for New Year. I briefly saw my sister H, as she was on her way home to Brighton, but missed big brother who was living the high life in the US with his wife (OK, her family are all there, and it was a cold bit of the US, so not my idea of the ideal hols!), and managed to fit in a visit to my dad, as well as the required playtime with cousin G (and sister S), which is the only reason the kids think we go to London. We also saw Mother Goose at Hackney Empire. Last time I went to the Empire was before the renovation, and I have to say they've done a good job of it. And at least it was a proper panto there, unlike the rubbish that seems to be put on everywhere over here at the moment. No Principle Boy, no Panto animal, not even a Dame in some of them! WTF? That's just a camp play, not a panto!


We also accompanied sister S to a New Years Party, and i met up with people that I haven't seen for a decade or so. It was wierd, but nice to see them again. Everyone has grown up! (well, nearly everyone lol). But I sooooo don't miss London:) But I have decided that I am going to make a concerted effort in 2009 (and beyond) to catch up with old friends and find people that i lost track of years ago. I think I had more in common with some of them now than I did then:)



I am not sorry to see the back of 2008. It was a very mixed year for me. The very best thing I can say, was that it wasn't 2007:) But there were some really low points, and few great highs. Roll on the heights of 2009!

1 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, January 06, 2009 8:09:00 pm, Blogger Sleepypete said…

    Past couple of years, we've travelled on Xmas Day too ... Sister keeps a horse, so we go there so she can be close enough to bring horse in for the night.

    The muttley doesn't appreciate it much though ... Especially when things in the boot fall over on him !

     

Post a Comment

<< Home