The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Time is fleeting...

where did the time go? It seems that only yesterday my pencil was telling me I have a month to do my revision, and suddenly the exams are on top of me! I'm trying hard to shovel three months worth of revision into five days - around work, kids and re-enactment! argggghhhhh!

Do you think it's really irresponsible to pin my hopes on my ability to "blag" exams? :-)

Aggie has promised to take the kids out over the weekend and let me read through all my notes. I have written up most of my revision notes at least! The poblem is, that I remember it all perfectly while I've got them in front of me, but I have a VERY short term memory, so it will all be gne by the next morning! I passed my A levels by revision on the morning of, and the 30 mins before going into the exam, then scribbling everything down in ote form on scrap paper in the firts 15 mins, and using those notes to write essays around. This is a practical exam - i won't have the option of scribbling notes. In fact, they have specified that no scrap paper is allowed!

Oh well - I take a very pragmatic approach to these things nowadays. i will do as well as I do, and we'll see what happens then.

On the positive side, the year may have slid past so fats that I didn't see it, but it does mena there are only a few days until we're off to Italy for the battle of Caserote. Here's a video of the same event in 2005/6 (I hope - I've not tried this vlogging lark before!)



Looking forward to guaranteed warm, sunny and dry:-)

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

  • At Friday, May 11, 2007 6:22:00 am, Blogger Jenny said…

    Good luck with the revision, heading towards that time for me too so I'll be thinking of you!

     
  • At Friday, May 11, 2007 12:50:00 pm, Blogger Foster Dogs said…

    Wow, neat! Here via Michele's!

     
  • At Friday, May 11, 2007 3:37:00 pm, Blogger craziequeen said…

    If I weren't sewing madly I would cross everything for you - not that you really need it.....you underestimate yourself, my dear!

    As it is - here's a gazillion hugs for my fantastic and much loved friend.....

    cq

     
  • At Friday, May 11, 2007 5:10:00 pm, Blogger craziequeen said…

    er - babes?? Is this a blog break from your studies? :-D

    MSM this time...

    cq

     
  • At Friday, May 11, 2007 6:35:00 pm, Blogger Bobkat said…

    Exams! I have just taken mine and am awaiting results in a few weeks. I am sure you will do well and probably rememeber more than you realise.

    Thanks for dropping by my blog. My clock is out because I haven't worked out how to fix it yet adn when I blog I am on 'Dandelion time' LOl!

    Hope you have a good time in italy and good luck with your exams.

     
  • At Friday, May 11, 2007 6:48:00 pm, Blogger Shephard said…

    I think your attitude toward the test is healthy! Maybe life isn't a race. Maybe you take the bar however many times is necessary.

    Oh Italy. What a wonderful thing to look forward to. I love Italy and hope to go back again soon.

    Michele says hello!
    ~S

     
  • At Friday, May 11, 2007 10:55:00 pm, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said…

    CQ had this link on her blog...It is great to see this little film of tye Italy Re-Enactment...And I can now imagine what you are all doing there in that hopefully WARM, DRY, BEAUTIFUL place...

    Much Good Luck on your exams, my dear! O know you will Shine!

     
  • At Sunday, May 13, 2007 9:16:00 pm, Blogger Emily said…

    GOOD LUCK WITH THE REVISION!!!

    And glad Aggie's pills are working.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home