The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Brighton Rocks Pebbles

I've spent the weekend in Brighton, at my sister's hen night weekend. She doesn't live there, but her twin sister & best friend from uni/sister of fiance do, and as they are the chief bridesmaids, it was held there.

I don't really get the attraction of Brighton. The beach is just pebbles, the shops are mostly restuarants or bars, and everything is massively over-priced. I did see some nice stuff on the markets etc, but at approx triple what I would pay at home!

Anyway, the weekend went better than expected in most ways. I was a bit worried - all four sisters together is usually a recipe for disaster, especially with my mother added in:-) And hen nights are often a bit strained as they ahve such differing people attending. But we survived it all - and it wasn't as expensive as I feared either - mostly because a) we are all too old to party all weekend now, and b) my little sisters are stunningly dull!

Still, I managed to get my mothers hotel bill reduced by 50%, which was nice. Shame it wasn't my bill, but there you go.....

I'll fill in the details another time. It took 6 1/2 hours to get home the 200 miles by train! I reckon that's an average 35 mph *fron* I'm off to try to catch up on all the housework & laundry now!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home