The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Lazy Sunday afternoon......

......I got no mind to worry
I close my eyes and drift away....

Well, The Small Faces my have meant it in different way, but that pretty much sums up how I feel today. I just can't seem to kick start my brain at all today.

And, no. I did not drink that much yesterday!

I have managed to do a couple of things, but it's all been really hard work:-( I'm hoping I can persuade the kids jut to sped the rest of the afternoon playing out in the garden and let me veg in front of the computer - although, tbh, I haven't even got the brain power to go blog-surfing today.

Yesterday went really well though. We had a good shoot - I only shot about 20 arrows bcause my fingers are still too soft, and when they start to bleed, I stop. Unlike CQ who carried on shooting until her arm looked ready to drop off! You can see a pretty picture on her blog here if you're so inclined:-) Beginners bruise is fairly common - especially for girls, but most people STOP when it hurts! The BBQ went down well too, and for once I didn't over-cater too much. Well.... there's enough for us all to have BBQ for supper again tonight, but, I only cooked the right amount yesterday:-) Then, in the evening, all the kids were in bed before we even left, so there was no problem with CQ and "the baby who hates her" (LMD). We strolled down to the theatre in a lovely sumer evening way. Rich Hall was good, but not at his best imo. It was then end of his tour, and I think he was getting a bit tired:-) But we did get a bonus warm-up act in the shape of Greg Campbell - a Canadian, now living in Devon, who was hilarious. Then a brisk walk home in the rather chilly, ooops I forgot it was only April, evening:-)

I do like living in town. It was one of the reasons we moved here. We are within walking disatnce of a theatre, cinema, train station, beach, shops, museums....... Cool huh?

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At Sunday, April 22, 2007 8:35:00 pm, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said…

    Thanks for the visit, my dear Mrs. A. It's good to pop by here, too! Sounds like you had a wonderful evening though Mr. Hall was not in his tippy toppest form...But still, it had to be nice to have a night out!
    I see from the Pencil at the top you have an exam coming up...I wish you much luck with that, my dear.

     
  • At Sunday, April 22, 2007 9:04:00 pm, Blogger craziequeen said…

    Hey sweetie - I do so hate to give up......even if my arms are dropping off...... :-)

    But I'll be back next week!!

    cq

     

Post a Comment

<< Home