The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Mrs A - Domestic Goddess

It was a good event:-)

The castle is pretty big, but totally ruined. No camping was allowed witin the castle walls, so our campsite was down at the bottom of the back wall, next to the railway line. NOt too much of a problem, except it meant that everything needed to be carted from the campsite, up the driveway, along the path, across the car park, through the shop, and then straight up the steep slope & stairs into the upper keep. A full medieveal market is an awful lot of solic wood and canvas, plus all the kit, amour, boxes, food, and, on a personal note a bloody great quirn stone and three kids! I was exhausted befor the day even began!

Still, once set up, it went well. The quirn and butter churn were big hits with the MOP's (members of the public) who came visiting. The flour tended to be a bit grassy and muddy after several hundred three and four year olds "helped" grind it, but the butter came out fantastically. I now have two massive lumps of butter to eat:-) Although quite a lot was eaten on site:-) The girls quickly got into the idea, and LMB happily showed the others what to do:

Sadly LMD tended to think they were there as her own personal toys and often got a it possesive when others tried to play too - so spent a bit of time sulking on my lap!

Mstr A had a really good time learning to be a page to his young lord - who showed remarkable patience with him!

In fact, many of the group came and said how well he was doing, considering his age. He did look sweet following after his lord:-) And was ever so proud t be trusted with hi metal sword! In fact, he was so tuckered out after the first day that he just about managed to make it back to camp, then just crashed out on the floor of the tent for 30 mins cos he was too tired to get up on the bed! Ahhhhhhh!

Of course, at the end of the weekend, we also had to carry everything back down to the campsite again. Then strike camp and load the cars, before even starting the four hour drive home! Aggie was totally crippled by all the walking up and down, so I was left with the driving. We finally made it home around midnight.

Fun, but VERY exhausting.



  • At Tuesday, April 10, 2007 8:49:00 pm, Blogger craziequeen said…

    Awwwwwww - look at A Jnr and the Young Lord...what a fantastic picture! :-)

    I missed most of the good stuff 'cos I was busy as the moneyer - but I did hear A Jnr yell 'Hang on a sec!!' when the Young Lord called for him - classic!

    An excellent weekend - even with that horrible freezing rain.....


  • At Tuesday, April 10, 2007 9:28:00 pm, Anonymous ~ Stacy ~ said…

    Looks like you had a terrific time. Mstr. A looks so cute! (and so serious) [smile] Ah, I wish I could have joined in the fun. It's seems rather magical.

  • At Wednesday, April 11, 2007 5:38:00 am, Blogger Matthew said…

    It sounds like you had a blast! What great memories for the kids!

  • At Wednesday, April 11, 2007 6:59:00 am, Blogger Maggie said…

    So glad you had a good time! If you're ever doing something similar near Liverpool, do give some warning in your blog and we'll try and get along, family emergencies allowing. ;-)

    If you have any more photos, please put them up - I love the 2 there, but am greedy for more!

  • At Wednesday, April 11, 2007 12:22:00 pm, Blogger chosha said…

    Sounds unusual and fantastic, but thank goodness for cars! Imagine if you'd had the trip home on horseback or worse, walking with that all that gear in a handcart or something.


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home