The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

It's nice to be appreciated

I was cornered t work today by two of the fee-earners in the family dept (the other is off this week) and told how great it was to have me there:-)

Which was nice.

I was going to ask for a review meeting next week as that'll be my one month mark, but it looks like I'm ok.

I spent yesterday covering the reception area downstairs, as one of the other receptionist/secretaries was off sick. It's a bit of a pain having to stop what you're doing to answer the phone every few minutes, but that wasn't a massive problem. Gossiping and audio-typing don't go well together though:-) Personally I'm a rubbish gossip - I never remember who, what, when, where or why, or what was said yesterday by whom! I'm also just not interested most of the time. I'm quite glad I got shoved away upstairs with the fee-earners:-)

Aggie made me stay up to midnight the other day to watch the first two episodes of Heroes. he downloaded the first series ages ago & has been raving about it.I thought it was OK. A bit meh! really, but he swears it's the best thing since, um, Lost probably;-) But now I'm soooo tired! I never get a chance to catch up on late nights. I know that once upon a time I didn't feel tired all the time - when does that come round again?

On the plus side, LMB has made the transistion to night-time dryness really easily. We had those accidents on day 1 & 3, then she used a potty in her room for a week, and now she's been properly dry for a whole week. no nappies, no potty emptying, no wake-up in the middle of the night! Although we do still get informed that she is going to toilet at whatever time she feels the need to go, be that 7am, 6am, or 5am! At least she will go back to bed if it's too early.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, February 21, 2007 9:13:00 pm, Blogger craziequeen said…

    I'm a terrible gossip too - I never remember stuff...and never feel it's really any of my business.

    ...and you've probably noticed I'm REALLY bad at small talk..

    Aginoth came into work raving about Heroes - so I had him get the repeat times for me [chuckle] got to put the boy to work sometimes!

    :-)

    cq

     
  • At Sunday, February 25, 2007 10:13:00 pm, Blogger Emily said…

    Molly is 3 1/2 next month. Her nappy is always sodden in the morning. Getting her dry in the day was easy and she coped well. I am terrified about the nightime because of all the palava of bed changing. I know I have to bite the bullet... HELP!

     
  • At Monday, February 26, 2007 8:36:00 pm, Blogger epictetus said…

    Hey why do they call it Weston Super Mare?

    Heroes is awesome!

     
  • At Monday, February 26, 2007 9:52:00 pm, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

    Giving Heroes another go tonight.

    Em, I suggest you buy a rubber sheet, then just bite the bullet & go for it. Molly is old enough to make it through th night, so it's just laziness/learning how to hold it that's sopping her. Keep a spare set of sheets handy, change them without hassle if necesssary & put her back into bed as though nothing has happened - so she learjs it's not a good attention grabber;-) Oh yes, and sweeties for getting through the night worked well too - although my "good mummy" sister used a sticker book with gold stars or something:-)

    Epitetus Its called Weston because it's made up of two Old English or Saxon words meaning the west tun or settlement. Because there are several places called Weston in Somerset descriptions were added to tell them apart.

    Weston-super-Mare is unusual in that the descriptive part of its name has remained in medieval Latin. Super (with small s) means on or above, and mare is Latin for sea

    We're older than your Weston (unsurprisingly) as we had our own Manor house by 1600, although yours looks more prosperous:-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home