The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Friday, February 09, 2007

Brrrrrrrrr!

It's freezing here!

no snow for us - just nasty cold, wet sleet & slushy hailstones, combined with an arctic wind. I'm freezing. It's cold at home, it's cold at work. it's freezing cold on the bike:-(

I don't like the cold:-(

I feel cold even in beautiful British summer sunshine, so now is particularly bad. I always feel extra cold when I'm tired too, so 5am this morning was not my idea of a good time to be getting up with the horrible girls! I'm sitting here with the heating on, under a duvet, with a hot laptop on my lap, and still shivering.

of course, I don't see why th world should stop because of a bit of sleet! Unlike everyone else I still took Mstr A to school on the bikes. if it had been proper snow, we would have walked. Why do parents feel that snow requires them to DRIVE their kids to school in their little roller-skate cars? In what way can that possibl e safer for anyone? especially as they were all parked on the zigzags, across the entrance & over the crossing! Grrrrrrrr!

I also managed to get myself to work & stay all day. Aggie came home at luchtime - in case the traffic got worse! And my line manager didn't make it in at all (although he is ill as well, bless). as one of the other fee-earners in the family Dept does not work Fridays, and the third was off this morning for a hospital appointment, it started as a pretty quiet day. I soon finished up the bits of work that had been left for me, and moved onto the long term project I'd been given (sorting out the paperwork for a major case), and finally started tidying up the offices & re-labeling all the files etc. By 2pm, i'd completely run out of stuff to do:-) I was given another - even bigger - long term project, which I started to look through, then packed up and tided up by 2.45, ready to brave the ride home. At 2.50, all hell broke loose on the big case, and Fee-earner looked really stressed out. As Aggie was already home, i offered to stay on for half an hour to help sort it out. I phoned Aggie and asked him to pick up Mstr A from school - he wasn't happy. Apparently I was interupting his ebaying and it was "very difficult" to leave it with only 15 mins notice! Humph!

He did do it (in the car - obviously), and I stayed on to type up & send out the letters, then cycled home, mollified Mstr A who was hiding in his room after being told he wasn't allowed to play the wii, collected the girls from nursery, cooked supper, put some washing on, and played with the girls on the computer (LMB can use a touch pad - how did she learn to do that? I never taught her!). I informed him it was his turn to put them to bed (we alternate days), which he did - after requesting help because he needed to empty the potty AND read a story, and apparently he couldn't do both?!

I'm going to hide under my duvet & try to keep warm now. I should do some college work. But it's too cold, and I'm too tired:-(

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At Saturday, February 10, 2007 4:28:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah.

    Global Warming my ass... It is freakin' cold here, too. I sooooo want Spring to, uh, be sprung.

    Hope you warm up soon.

     
  • At Saturday, February 10, 2007 3:41:00 pm, Blogger Paste said…

    I just can't get over how soft you are on MR A!

     
  • At Saturday, February 10, 2007 11:22:00 pm, Blogger snaars said…

    It's cold here in the states too. Talked to someone where we used to live in Louisiana where the climate is mild in winter - the kids there are enjoying days off from school because the temp dropped below freezing! We laughed because it has been hovering in the single digits (that's about minus 16 degrees for you Euros that use the Celcius scale)!

    I haven't commented in a while but I have read your blog now and then. Glad things are looking up for you lately.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home