The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Monday, February 12, 2007

Domesticicity

It was absolutly throwing it down this morning. Floods of rain falling from the sky incessently.

I packd all the children into wellies & raincoats, plastic bags over their backpacks, and let them splash their way to school. I don't have a raincoat.

They were pretty wet by the time we walked the 1/4 mile to school. I was soaked. We dripped in, changed their clothes, waved goodbye and I set off, in the rain, on my bike, to work.

Any part of me that had avoided the rain while walking, immediately got soaked while on the bike.

As I parked the bike at work, the rain stopped. The sun came out. I dripped in to work looking a mess (no change of clothes for me). 5 mins later most of the rest of the staff turned up looking fresh & dry. Grrrrrrrr!

My brain didn't really kick itself into gear today. Work was OK, but everythig just seemed to take a bit of time to understand. O(h well, everyone is alloed an off day.

Tonight I managed to cook supper, clean up the kitchen (well, Nanny A did it properly yesterday, so i try to keep it nice-ish for a few days after her efforts), play with th kids a bit, then settled down to my sewing. Wow, isn't my life exciting?

I made the main body of Mstr A's wool tunic, and the first two panals of Aggies linen one. at least we are not going to be in such a rush this year - i hope:-)

Tomorrow I AM going to do some college homework.

No excuses. It needs to be done.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, February 13, 2007 9:03:00 pm, Blogger JR said…

    My son told me that since I've started teaching night classes, I've become boring, i.e., I don't have as much time to play. Last night both kids yelled at me for listening to the City Council meeting on the telly for 2 1/2 hours while skimming tonight's class assignment. They keep begging me to run for City Council so they won't have to listen to me yell at the Mayor and various council members for being crooked and stupid. Oh well.

     
  • At Wednesday, February 14, 2007 9:26:00 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    So did you do any homework then Mrs A??????????????

     
  • At Wednesday, February 14, 2007 10:43:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You know how to live don't you :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home