The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

More meds

I went back to the Dr's again today. My course of anti-biotics was completed on Monday, and it's pretty damn obvious that I'm not better! I'm still coughing alot, I'm still running a tempreture, I'm still exhausted 24 hours a day, plus I've aquired a scarily painful headache and a very itchy rash:-( I assumed the rash was a reaction to the amoxicillin, but Dr says probably not.

He was quite surprised that the infection hadn't cleared up. He listened to my chest and said "oh! It is till there isn't it?" well duh! Like I coudn't tell! So now I've got another weeks worth of antibiotics. Cela-something this time. that's a non penicillin based one, which I don't think I've been given before. I also picked up a wide selection of painkillers from the supermarket in the hope that one of them will help clear the headaches.

I made Aggie take the train to work today so I could use the car for the school runs - considering how difficult I find it to stand upright, I am terrified of getting on the bike again at the moment. Aggie had a lump removed from his leg yesterday, so I feel a bit bad about making him walk to & from the train station. I've not provided much support for him over the past week or so:-( I really, really hope these meds are going to make a difference!

2 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, September 27, 2006 12:47:00 pm, Blogger CyberKitten said…

    I'm crossing my fingers for you... Hope that helps!

    Being ill sucks!

     
  • At Thursday, September 28, 2006 6:08:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Okay, I'm glad to see that you went back to the doc for more antibiotics, hopefully they'll kick that infection out this time around.

    As for the rash business... What is it with doctors? They should know by now, that most people are very intuned with their own bodies. Listen to us, you dolts! Um, yeah. I betcha that rash is from the last antibiotic, too.

    All right, that said. Now I'm gonna say, "Heal, damnit! Heal!"

    There, that ought to do the trick.

    [heh]

     

Post a Comment

<< Home