The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Monday, September 18, 2006

Firsts!

Today was the first time I have ever cancelled a course:-( It was only a freebie taster session for my local NCT playgroup, but still.....

I had to cancel as I wouldn't have been able to speak for more than a couple of minutes without collapsing on the floor in a fit of coughing, which doesn't look incredibly professional when teaching the treatment for choking! also my Dr's appointment was 5 minutes before the course started.

hopefully it's just postponed till next week.

Today was the first time Mstr A was truely independant - taking himself to and from school alone. He's really proud of himself, and rightly so. I'm amazingly proud of him too - although I was getting a bit stressed when 3.30 rolled round and there was no sign of him. If we keep this up, he's going to have to take his phone to school! I am not totally immune to all the media scare stories about protecting our kids!

Today was the first day I used the TV as a full time baby sitter. It did work - for a while anyway. Both the girls sat gormlessly in front of CBeebies for well over an hour. They just sat there! I now understand the evil TV can be! Unfortunately, by the time I put LMD down for her nap & tried to grab an hours sleep myself, LMB was well bored of the telly & spent most of the time jumping on me:-)

Today was the first time I took a taxi for a short local journey. Afetr the horrendous journey to the Dr's I walked round to the big Boots next door to fill my prescription. Just to discover that it doesn't have a pharmacy!! After queuing for 10 minutes to be told this, I was almost passing out where I stood & couldn't face trying to find a bus stop, & wait even longer, then walk home, so called a cab. I had a lovely woman driver - I suppose it's quite a good job to work around school hours.

Today was the first time I actually got something out of this blog:-) A big box arrived in the post containing four of these :

These are flourescent snap bands. A present from 3M, who sent me three for my lovely children, and one for a lucky blog reader. It's a clever marketing ploy, but I accepted it because they really are useful products. The size of a ruler when unrolled, the bands are made out of a clever metal & covered in a really bright flourescent plastic. Just tap them onto an arm or leg and they immediately snap around the limb and become a flourescent band, easy to wear & easy to see. They also work well as bicycle clips:-) All my kids think they are great toys, and love wearing them when we're out on the bikes. On the way home last night I saw someone wearing them on his ankle, and even though he was dressed completely in black the car headlights picked him up from miles off - so they really do make you more visable!

So, to win one of your very own snap bands, tell me what "first" did you do today?

5 Comments:

  • At Monday, September 18, 2006 9:19:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I exercised on my glider for the first time in six weeks. [heh] Does that count? My foot was feeling better today (Tendonitis) so I gave it a whirl. Now it's a bit sore again. Ah well.

    I've seen those snap-on arm bands before, but never in a flourescent color. That's really quite clever. An excellent idea for bike riding after dark.

    So gosh, Mrs. A, when are ya gonna get rid of that nasty cough? I'm getting worried about you now. Hope you heal up soon.

    Oh, and YEA! for Mstr A's independance! That's awesome! ...And yeah, scary too. I'm thankful that my kids only have to walk about 1/2 a block to the bus stop. I can see them from my front window.

    Thanks for stopping by today! Hope your week is a good one.

     
  • At Tuesday, September 19, 2006 9:11:00 pm, Blogger craziequeen said…

    I think this is a first...

    I have Blogger Block.......

    wow!!

    Hope you're feeling better soon, lovey :-(

    cq

     
  • At Tuesday, September 19, 2006 10:35:00 pm, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said…

    I wore some sandel type shoes for the first time in about four years!

    That is such a boring first...Hmmm. I slept with just a blanket over me, and not under the bed covers....(Not much better, but I really want one of those Snap things! (lol)

     
  • At Wednesday, September 20, 2006 6:50:00 am, Blogger Emily said…

    Hello Mrs A

    A first today would be realising that I can only just fit behind the steering wheel and next week maybe impossible to drive to work! Eeek! Still next week is the last week so we'll see.

    Sorry you are still not well. Seems to be a lot of colds going round.

     
  • At Thursday, September 21, 2006 10:03:00 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    I changed the template on my blog to a gloriously feminine flowery eastern theme and started putting the Campaneras list back together again.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home