The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Saturday, September 16, 2006

The little shit!

LMB's fever broke early last night. She took herself off to bed early, still feeling ill, and when I went up to tuck her in properly she refused to put a nappy on. She's been wearing a nappy all day while she's been ill, and we only tried a couple of nights without one last week. It was an abject failiure so we returned to night-time nappies quite happily. Until last night. Last night she assured me she didn't want one & wouldn't wee in her bed, so I let her wear just her pyjama's.

I checked on her before we went to bed & her fever had broken & she was sleeping the blissful sleep of the very young. I crawled into bed thinking of the lie in all the Kids & Aggie had promised me.

At 6.15 am I hear a wail from LMB's room: "mummy. mummy. MUMMY! Come here!" I give Aggie a desultory kick, but I know that it's a waste of time. a) because he won't wake up, and b) because even if he did - I'm awake now anyway! So i shout that I'm coming & drag myself into LMB's room.

"Whats wrong LMB? It's still night time." (it's always worth a try)

"I've done a poo"

OK, that's not so terrible. She has a potty in her room after all. "where have you done the poo? In your pyjama's or in the potty? Do you need your bottom wiped?" (she can't do this herself yet).

"No, in my bed" she wails.

My heart sinks. I turn on the light. I approach the bed - and the smell hits me. She has not just pooed in her bed, she has apparently then taken her pyjama bottoms off, kicked the sheet off, and rolled around in her own excrement for a while! It's on her legs, feet, hands, back, and hair. It's on her matress, duvet, sheet and pillows. It's not nice solid poo, easy to clean pellets, or even washable squishy stuff. Oh no, LMB has chosen to spread the stickiest, blackest, smelliest, nastiest poo in the world accross her bdroom. It was like a scene from a dirty protest!

Half a pack of wipes, a bath & shower, a LOT of bleach & febreeze and we're starting to salvage the situation. Aggie was rudely shoved out of bed & got on with the bed & bedding while I sorted out LMB - berating her the whole time. I don't think she'll be repeating the incident very soon!

Obviously all the commotion woke the other two. Once clean, I allowed them to come downstairs & sit gormlessly in front of CBeebies for an hour. So much for catching up on my sleep this weekend!

However, despite being completely knackered, and me & Aggie spending the morning alternating naps, we have got quite alot done today. We've cleaned out the front room (a little bit), finished putting the insulation on the bathroom ceiling, cleaned the hen house ready for the chickens we haven't got yet, re-arranged the garden, cleared out all the re-enactment stuff from the car & put it all away for the winter, and taught Mstr A how to make meccano models.

Tomorrow we are going to take a real day off & go off to Bucks to visit BiL & cousins K & K. It's boy cousin K's 6th birthday so we're going to fill their house up for them:-)

3 Comments:

  • At Sunday, September 17, 2006 1:33:00 pm, Blogger Fizzy said…

    eughewww. I remember those cries! My daughter once threw macoroni cheese and it hit all four walls, the ceilling and carpet of her room. Nothing was spared. I did the cleaning whilst Hubby was gipping in the bathroom trying to clean her up!
    I am glad that the day was salvagable though and you got some jobs done.

     
  • At Sunday, September 17, 2006 7:55:00 pm, Blogger craziequeen said…

    oh poor LMB, probably a final thrust of the stomach bug, I was living by the toilet for a couple of days - everything just went straight through me.

    Give my babygirl a cuddle from her CQ :-)

    cq

     
  • At Monday, September 18, 2006 9:30:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh My! I am sooooo sorry you were awakened to such a mess. Good gosh, doesn't it just seem like when you're down... life gets a bit of glee out of kicking you some more?

    There is no rest for the weary.

    ... And having kids teaches us patience and understanding, eh. [snicker] Sorry, couldn't help that one... It just slipped right out. [wink]

     

Post a Comment

<< Home