The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Friday, September 29, 2006

Hurrah!

I think these anti-biotics are actually working and I am finally getting better! I feel well on the road to recovery - having managed two days without morning naps, and I even cycled LMB to & from school this aftrnoon. I didn't think it was worth risking over-stressing my body so I didn't take Mstr A this morning, he scooted himself. No phone call from the school today. I'm not sure if that's because nobody complained or they just can't be bothered to pass the complaints on any more, and I don't really care:-)

It's something that will probably be happening a lot more often anyway, because at 2.40 this afternoon I recieved a call, offering me three weeks work in the solicitors sister office in Wedmore, as a prelude to starting the real trainee legal exec job in the Weston office.

Starting monday!

I said yes, and shot off to collect LMB & Mstr A from school. I collected LMB, and did ask if she could start full time, knowing that there wasn't a hope. As the only council pre-school in the town, it's pretty oversubscribed, and they've already sent out a letter saying don't ask for any extra sessions until January! They did promise to check, but admitted it was incredibly unlikely. On to plan B.

On they way home we stopped off at the pre-school/nursery round the corner. Both LMB & LMD used to go there part time when I worked before. They had a FT place for LMB, but only a couple of days for LMD. I took it. Mstr A's school does have an after-school club, but I don't have a phone no. for them - I'll have to phone the school on Monday. I feel there may be some serious work for Nanny A for a few weeks till I get childcare properly sorted:-)

I'm not sure if we'll be able to get LMB's funding transferred - apparently it's up to the pre-school. I know it's only 2 1/2 hours a day, but it still works out at about £60 a week.

Still, on the whole, I think a hurrah is in order:-) I'm sure I'll get the childcare sorted out sometime.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home