The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Thursday, September 07, 2006

It's a start

Aggie put up 1/3 of the insulation on the bathroom ceiling last night. It's a start:-) We got the insulation free from freecycle, so it's not pristine, but it will do the job hopefully, and with any luck the kids can carry on bathing in there this winter, and give me time to finish off our en-suite upstairs.

Of course, we are renowned for starting projects. Finishing them is another matter all together! But a bathroom is pretty important, so hopefully it will get done to useable at the very least. Bathroom suites seem to come up fairly regularly on freecycle too, so maybe I'll get a new bath one day, and you never know, even a matching sink! I wish I'd found the site years ago - there's tons of stuff on there!

I heard back from a few solicitors today. Nice letters, but all saying there are no vacancies right now:-( I'll keep looking in the local paper for the right job, but it's going to take time. The bank hasn't phoned back yet, despite promising to (bastards) and they charged us for returning an item that I phoned them & told them not to pay! (bastards). I think I can work out a long term financial plan, but we're still buggered at the moment, so I've got a further round of phone calls to make tomorrow:-(

On the plus side, I've got a couple of courses next month, which will mean we can take some money with us on the Crazies holiday to Cornwall in November, and go to the groups medieval banquet on my birthday weekend at the end of November. Talking of which, it's the last event of the season this weekend - a big multi-group event at Caldicot castle The kids will have to squeeze into the same clothes again, as I haven't made them new ones despite intending to! But i have managed to sew a couple of ragdolls for the girls. CQ is hoping to come along again, so I should get some time off of childminding duties too:-)

I'm still hacking my guts up:-( But the cycling isn't nearly as difficult as I thought it would be. Of course next week I have to do an extra two journeys each day, so I'm sure it will be noticable then!

4 Comments:

  • At Friday, September 08, 2006 1:04:00 pm, Blogger JR said…

    That Freecycle sounds like a great idea! I haven't heard of anything like that where I live, but I do live in a pretty rural area in general. Good luck with your health, the courses and the bank. Have fun at the castle!

     
  • At Saturday, September 09, 2006 8:33:00 pm, Blogger Emily said…

    I had a look at freecycle a while ago but was put off with the registering to see what was in my area. Maybe I was too hasty. You make it sound like a GREAT thing. How does it work?

    And good efforts with the cycling. I did that just before getting pregnant a lot. It was VERY relaxing.

     
  • At Sunday, September 10, 2006 6:41:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Freecycle is awesome. A friend of mine told me about it a few months back.

    So how are you feeling, Mrs. A? Any better yet? Yeesh. It seems like you and I have been kicked hard by life, lately. Thanks for the hugs... I'm sending some back your way, too. (((hugs))) Hope things improve for you soon, too.

     
  • At Monday, September 11, 2006 8:40:00 pm, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

    Freecycle is pretty good - although it depends on oth the quantity & quality of members in your area:-)

    I haven't been amazingly successful at bidding for things - obviously I am not needy enough;-) But there is some good stuff on there.

    There is a group in most areas now. go to www.freecycle.org & search for your local one. Unfortunately you do have to sign up just to have a look - but you can always unsubscribe again!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home