The musings of a juggling mother

Rants & raves about life as a woman today, juggling work, home, kids, family, life the universe & everything.

© Mrs Aginoth. The right of Mrs Aginoth to be identified as the author of this work has been asserted in accordance with sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents act 1988

Saturday, May 13, 2006

On a lighter note...

I bought a new bra yesterday.

Yes this is an Event! My life is that depressing.

Yipee - they are finally getting smaller again:-) I can now buy bra's off the shelf from every day shops.

Only the nasty grandma type ones obviously. I wanted a pretty set of lingerie for our dirty weekend away, but that was not to be:-( But still, shrinkage is shrinkage. After three pregnancies where they grew EACH TIME (and they weren't exactly minute to start with) I am thankful for any reduction.

Although my ribs have not contracted at all, which is really depressing. Back in 2000 I was a nice 36C - a "good handful" as a previous boyfriend once commented, and certainly a good enough size to flaunt when I wanted , but carry on with normal life, exercise and the occasional strapless top. Mstr A added 4 inches to my rib-cage & the two girls expanded them another inch each. And that's where I still am today. I guess losing some weight might help a bit *sigh* I've been saying that I should do so for ages, but haven't actually succeeded at all:-(

But I'm well happy that they have shrunk down from something scary half way up the alphabet back to a D cup. I shall ty to use this as the incentive to get back on my diet.

After the weekend away;-)

10 Comments:

  • At Saturday, May 13, 2006 10:27:00 am, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said…

    Buying a bra is something I won't be going through!

    Michele sent me this way.

     
  • At Saturday, May 13, 2006 10:40:00 am, Blogger David Edward said…

    i have limited experience with this, but I am glad you got to buy a new bra
    here from michele at 2:37 am

     
  • At Saturday, May 13, 2006 12:13:00 pm, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said…

    Thanks for the visit and Congratulations! Any reduction is a good thing, as you said.
    Oh I bet you are looking forward to this weekend away...it souns like ut is going to be very special!

     
  • At Saturday, May 13, 2006 12:16:00 pm, Blogger Aginoth said…

    yep plenty of sleep :o)

    we have some wine to take with us already :o)

     
  • At Saturday, May 13, 2006 4:12:00 pm, Blogger Kitty said…

    I hate bra buying, but I'm a few cup sizes up from you. However for pretty bras in a D cup you want this place - www.bravissimo.com, it's where I get all mine from and they are very good on customer service. It's even better if you have one of their shops near you, their fitters are excellent, trained to cater for the larger lady, since they don't sell anything smaller than a D cup.

     
  • At Saturday, May 13, 2006 8:52:00 pm, Blogger greatwhitebear said…

    old single guys shouldn't come to a blog and read about d cups, a good handfull, and strapless tops. depressing. bad enough I live in a university town. sigh.

     
  • At Saturday, May 13, 2006 8:53:00 pm, Blogger greatwhitebear said…

    jean luc - fancy running into you here! usually see you at nic's

     
  • At Sunday, May 14, 2006 2:05:00 am, Blogger Darius said…

    My toenails need some cutting...

     
  • At Sunday, May 14, 2006 2:57:00 am, Blogger Ms Brown Mouse said…

    I've actually wept over not being able to buy a pretty bra - I'm not a grandma and I don't want to wear granny bras. And a D just isn't so freaky or unusual that there aren't enough of us around to buy em if "they" make em! I suspect it's some sort of plot :)

     
  • At Monday, May 15, 2006 9:19:00 pm, Blogger JR said…

    It's interesting that you mention the ribs. I tried explaining this to someone else and they thought I was nuts. I always wore very fitted dresses before pregnancy. With my first child I gained 22 pounds and lost the same within a week of delivery. I was a very skinny size 5. When I tried to get back into my pre-pregnancy clothes, even after losing additional weight, nothing fit across the ribcage, it had nothing to do with boobs. My ribs never did go back to normal, I'm sure they expand outward to accommodate the baby, but why don't they shrink back with everything else? Oh, and after the second child and gaining 70 pounds, there was no hope anything would go back to normal. But the last pregnancy left me with giant jugs as my partner likes to say. How I miss being flat-chested!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home